Break Barrel Springers.

95 is cheaper than a 80 , for 95 £300 80 about £360

Hello villaman

Is that send away prices, the air gun world book price is 334 for the hw95. I had a look in the local gun shop and they had a 350 tag on it, I asked them about price and they said where did I get my price from and just said it's the book price and they twisted a bit and then said they would match the price but I could tell that they were not really happy. I wonder how they would go on with a person that wanted a good price.

From my local gun shop and he will do me a HW80k for £350 , the sportingmangus centre are doing the 80 for under £300 and the 95k. http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/category/Guns/Weihrauch_1/p-42/

Thanks for the link villaman

The prices are better than you said, I was wondering if the were Sportman

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Weihrauch??

i would opt for a 98 or if i was you and to be honest the tune will make the rifle no more accurate than it already is , the difference with tuning is it will smooth out the action and recoil making

I would buy a tuned rifle from Sandwell Field Sports and get them to post it to your nearest gun shop. I did this and my SFS tuned HW95 .20 cal is the last gun in my collection that I would part wit

i have a 95 in .22 and has a noticable muzzle filp build quaity is fine and this totally standard out of the box ;) accurate as would be expected ;) but would still opt for the 98 as shrouded barrel tames the flip and the stock being adjustable helps with personal fit ;) you wont go wrong with any though mate hard choice i know. Have you shouldered any of the rifles as weight sometimes feels different because of how the rifle fits and balances in your own shoulder ;)

Hello there

Yes I have plinked and even managed to hit swinging targets with the hw99 and the hw95. I also used an 80 into the mix which confirmed to me that I like the HW 95.

The hw95k had a moderator as standard and it was very well balanced and I never noticed any flip !.

I have been looking around for info on the hw springers to work out what made them tick and why.

There are test reviews but splitting the 99 and 95 was not clear, some said that they were the same so I then started to look at what was inside them and I found this info:-

hw77/97 bore 26mm, stroke 81, swept volume 43.01 early models 25x81-39.76

hw95/98 26x81-45.13

hw80 30x80-56.55 -------Magnum esque

hw35 30x65- ?

hw99 26x71-37.7

Looking at that info my hw77 has a SV of 43.01 and the hw 95 has a SV of 45.13 so should the 95 have plenty of power to get the job done ?

sorry I made a typo and the HW95 should have said that the bore was 26mm and the stroke of 85mm giving it a swept volume of 45.13

which is better than a hw77 and hw 97.

Is this correct ? as I am not an expert, I just got it off the net.

I tell you what mate , I shot a SfS Chieftain .177 to night ,I have a highly tuned HW97 ,but this Chieftain is just something else , I just could not believe it , it fantastic

Hello villaman

you just hit the nail on the head, bingo just what I want. I think I will Give Tony a call tomorrow. The only two problems are the distance and that I think the shop is snowed under with work at the moment.

I tell you what mate , I shot a SfS Chieftain .177 to night ,I have a highly tuned HW97 ,but this Chieftain is just something else , I just could not believe it , it fantastic

Hello villaman

you just hit the nail on the head, bingo just what I want. I think I will Give Tony a call tomorrow. The only two problems are the distance and that I think the shop is snowed under with work at the moment.

The one I shot is up for sale mate , if I didn't have two 97k I would buy this one for sure

Hello villaman

The one I shot is up for sale mate , if I didn't have two 97k I would buy this one for sure

Hello villaman

If it was a .22 I would be on my way to buy it.

Hello villaman

Thanks for the tip off villaman

I contacted your mate but was to late.