Anschutz 1417 What Scope?

Maybe a high quality (£500-800) 6x50 (or 40) zero on 60 yards. Only a 2" difference between 20-70 yards so aim slightly high for long shots and low for near, every thing in the middle will be spot on and don't worry about the zoom?

• Like 1

Yep, only a .22lr at the moment, but as this will be a keeper, it will be mounted on what every I own in the future. The jolly old 25 Wedding Anniversary is coming up and a Beretta Silver Pigeon was on the cards but, I have several Shotguns so it looks as if my "keeper" will be a Zeiss Conquest DL 3-12x50 IR. £800 or there about for my gun, £900 or there about for the scope, job done

Make sure you check what that minimum parallax will be on that mate. Most are only free on parallax at 50m+ so you may not me able to get up to the top end of the mag power at the shorter ranges. That said it's not like you'll need it the greater mag that close but on a Rimfire you might not be able to use the mag you way you might want to.

• 5 weeks later...

Hia David. How are you getting on with the hawke panorama on ya anschutz, I was following this thread as I have been thinking about changing scopes,I'm currently have mtc mamba lite on both a Fac rapid and a anschutz 22 Rimfire but having trouble with whiting out on both of them in low light conditions, have tried lowering mounts to get a better eye posisition but they still white out a lot, would be interesting to know how you are getting on with the Hawks scopes cheers nigel

The Hawke Panorama ev 4-12x50 ao ir is a great scope! I have the 3-9 x 40 on my HW100 and its always been a great scope so I was expecting the 4-12x50 to be as good or better. Its not until you compare these scopes side by side that the extra FOV and the increased light proves the x50 lenses is really worth the extra money. The HW100 which I use at 35 yards is perfect with the 40x but the 70 yard Anschutz 1417 is well matched to the extra light of the x50 plus the Anschuts is so light the weight of a x50 scope is hardly noticeable. I am very pleased with the clearness of the view, FOV and the clarity of the mil dot retical.