• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i dont like the hex nut i have stop using them get you self a mold only cheep of ebay i would say there no better ammo than lead here my little set up cost me less than £15 but i did beg the camping s

A pair of leather gloves and a pair of these make life much easier.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARKET-STALL-SPRING-CLAMPS-LARGE-METAL-HEAVY-DUTY-CLIPS-for-Tarpaulin-Sheet-/121411317829?pt=LH_DefaultDoma

Posted Images

go to a smaller scrapyard not the bigger ones like emr but a smaller yard and they are more likely to sell you scrap lead, failing that take the lead plates out of an old car battery but make sure it's old and all the acid has long gone lol I'm lucky to have a cousin who has a roofing business so I have a nice little bit of lead scrap for free going to mould my own soon

Anybody recommend a source for lead?

Ask any mates that work on site. A couple of mine bring me in enough and neither are roofers. One said the lead man doesnt even bother taking the scrap any more as its not worth the hassel. Or another good source (if you have one close enough) is snaggy sea fishing areas at low tide. You`ll find all the snagged sea fishing rigs with 3/4/5 oZ leads on.

Anybody recommend a source for lead?

Ask any mates that work on site. A couple of mine bring me in enough and neither are roofers. One said the lead man doesnt even bother taking the scrap any more as its not worth the hassel. Or another good source (if you have one close enough) is snaggy sea fishing areas at low tide. You`ll find all the snagged sea fishing rigs with 3/4/5 oZ leads on.
I can see why they think it's hassle to go to the scrapyards but let's be honest it's not that much hassle just show your driving licence and get them to pay it straight in your bank, if you know what right documentation to take its no hassle a tall, lead was always one of the harder metals to find scrapping, but would never chore it from church roofs like some drug addict scumbags who made the whole scrap metal game a lot harder for people to make a bit of money

I personally prefer the hexnuts as I find it easier to centre them in the pouch and they're less likely to fall out if I'm walking around waiting to take a shot. I've also found that I'm slightly more accurate with them though I presume this is probably because I hold the hexnuts "cleaner" in the pouch than I do a bb.