Gwp

I think my DD air scents from farther away, he does ground scent, but usually that means a pheasant is popping up soon .

He ground scents squirrels, but tracks them by sight through the tree tops.

Bugger points rabbits.

Mine would point an abandoned car if there were any useful parts on it. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Always fancied one of these for hunting cover for shooting and pushing foxes out and shooting duck and geese. Do any of you use them for pushing foxes out of cover and would they retrieve geese? There certainly strong enough!

yes both ,first class all round foxing dog i use mine when out on my own or beating to standing guns he will face any cover infront of him without hesitation,and he started coming out on the shore with me last year ,hes still away to go but hes still young at 2 ,i also use him for tracking deer whilst stalking

• 3 weeks later...

for mark r I have gwp x greyhound I had him for hunting foxes on the hill I always fancied the gwp but never could get old of one wish I had one years ago its right when they say they are a versatile hunting dog he will hunt mark and catch foxes in the day and the next day take him in the beating line pointing and flushing pheasants and he want touch a bird when its sat tight .I FONED they can be a bit sulky when he was about twelve months and under but got out of it now but what a handy versatile loyal dog .bolty

• Like 4

Ive got a 2 year old first cross pointer lab, over the moon with him but he's become very sticky on point in his second season working, sometimes you literally have to walk up behind him and give him a push to get him to move in no matter how much encouragement you give him. any tips to get him to lift game on command?