Do Your Bushers Go To Ground?

neems

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think morton is right to a degree a good working terrier should basically take on any thing. This fella was a tremendous worker and superb ferreting dog which was his original purpose but he would

Who are you to call another man dogs anything Morton? Again, the lack of "likes" on your comments shows not everyone agrees with your sentiments. If the dogs are doing what the owners require how d

My terrier doesn't go to ground, he may be too big or he might fit in some its not what I have him for, but no way is he 3rd rate, he has enough leg to work all day.

Why is there so many arguments on this forum

And by the way it is a bushing section

Cheers

by the way a lot of terriers are used as bushers,im guessing quite a few will go to ground.

Why is there so many arguments on this forum

And by the way it is a bushing section

Cheers

by the way a lot of terriers are used as bushers,im guessing quite a few will go to ground.

I own a Russell dog of 6 years old he has bushed many many rabbits out to lurchers and is th most reliable marking dog I've seen ferreting and has never shown any intention to go to ground I also have a young patterdale dog of 9 months who I intend to work to ground and.have been taking both dogs out with a pal who digs now the russell is starting.to look like he wants to go in old dog new tricks it's.what you show em IMHO
  • Like 4

I can't believe I've just read that.

An earth dog will be a better busher than a bushing dog what won't go to ground. Lol.

A busher what won't go to ground and keeps his owner happy is 3rd rate. Wow.

• Like 3

Also ALOT of terriers, regardless of terrier meaning 'earth' were never ceated to go to ground, staffs, pits, airdales, manchesters, yorkies etc etc, so that theory doesn't hold up either. 3rd rate cull etc?! I had a russell bitch many years ago that was the most committed bushing dog I've ever seen, even to this day, and that was 40 years ago! Oh f**k, yep, she would occasionally drop to ground :thumbs:

Edited by shaaark

Staffs an pits ain't really terriers are they let's be honest!! Like saying a saluki bull greys a coursing dog lol

I know that, but you get my drift, not all terrier breeds were created to go to ground. So saying the clue is in the name 'terrier/earthdog' doesn't really hold up

I think morton is right to a degree a good working terrier should basically take on any thing. This fella was a tremendous worker and superb ferreting dog which was his original purpose but he would happily drop to ground and duke it out with a fox for as long as needed.

14984087736_1814a4dba4_z.jpg

Yes it was a pain when you want a nice little ferreting trip and got diverted for hours digging a fox but I was proud as punch of him. Rat, mink, fox and rabbit

But if the dog suites you and does the bushing job I certainly wouldn't get shot because it wouldn't go to ground

Edited by terryd
  • Like 11