Do Your Bushers Go To Ground?

neems

obviously within the limits of the law.

if so is that not just a massive pain in the arse,limiting where you can go in most places?

if not (especially the terrier blooded dogs) do you actively discourage it?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think morton is right to a degree a good working terrier should basically take on any thing. This fella was a tremendous worker and superb ferreting dog which was his original purpose but he would

Who are you to call another man dogs anything Morton? Again, the lack of "likes" on your comments shows not everyone agrees with your sentiments. If the dogs are doing what the owners require how d

My terrier doesn't go to ground, he may be too big or he might fit in some its not what I have him for, but no way is he 3rd rate, he has enough leg to work all day.

obviously within the limits of the law.

if so is that not just a massive pain in the arse,limiting where you can go in most places?

if not (especially the terrier blooded dogs) do you actively discourage it?

I own bushing terriers,Bedlington based,if they did not go to ground id shoot them,if you want a busher that will not enter,then source a non entering type of busher,not rocket science is it?.

• Like 2

mine dont and im glad they dont, never had to dicourage them they just never bothered.

Are they terrier based?.IF they are id shoot them,terriers bred from honest hunting stock will bush better than piss poor breeding and also enter,if its a terrier id want it to do terrier work,above and below,if it refused to enter its a cull,end of.

mine dont and im glad they dont, never had to dicourage them they just never bothered.

Are they terrier based?.IF they are id shoot them,terriers bred from honest hunting stock will bush better than piss poor breeding and also enter,if its a terrier id want it to do terrier work,above and below,if it refused to enter its a cull,end of.

yes they are and i have no reason to shoot them, theyre bushing dogs, wouldnt want them dropping to ground every five mins. thats not what i want them to do, theyre job is to drive quarry out of cover for the lurcher and to mark holes when ferreting. theyre very good at the job and wouldnt want anything different to be honest. might not suit you and the work you do but that doesnt mean a terrier that doesnt drop should be shot.

yes they are and i have no reason to shoot them, theyre bushing dogs, wouldnt want them dropping to ground every five mins. thats not what i want them to do, theyre job is to drive quarry out of cover for the lurcher and to mark holes when ferreting. theyre very good at the job and wouldnt want anything different to be honest. might not suit you and the work you do but that doesnt mean a terrier that doesnt drop should be shot.

Lets get a little realistic here mucker.the dog does what you wish of it,im more than pleased for you,yet a terrier that refuses to enter is a cull,thats a fact of life to some mucker and id shoot it without remorse or hesitation.A terrier that enters will bush better than a terrier that won,t,fact,its a sign of commitment.If your happy with a 3rd rate terrier that bush,s,so be it,you feed and kennel it,id not have it,or feed it and would gladly cull it and replace it with a better terrier that would enter and bush.As stated earlier,you feed it,its your choice,i have another,happy bushing.

• Like 1

Lets get a little realistic here mucker.the dog does what you wish of it,im more than pleased for you,yet a terrier that refuses to enter is a cull,thats a fact of life to some mucker and id shoot it without remorse or hesitation.A terrier that enters will bush better than a terrier that won,t,fact,its a sign of commitment.If your happy with a 3rd rate terrier that bush,s,so be it,you feed and kennel it,id not have it,or feed it and would gladly cull it and replace it with a better terrier that would enter and bush.As stated earlier,you feed it,its your choice,i have another,happy bushing.

mate, you havent got a clue what your talking about, just because a terrier doesnt drop doesnt make it "3rd rate" both my terriers are fantastic bushers. they do the job i wanted them for, they bush and mark rabbits and are good ratting terriers. i have no desire to spend hours on end searching for a dog and then having to dig it out, it would just ruind the day for me. i suggest you stick to shooting your own dogs for no apparent reason and ill enjoy working mine how i like, all the best.

• Like 6

mate, you havent got a clue what your talking about, just because a terrier doesnt drop doesnt make it "3rd rate" both my terriers are fantastic bushers. they do the job i wanted them for, they bush and mark rabbits and are good ratting terriers. i have no desire to spend hours on end searching for a dog and then having to dig it out, it would just ruind the day for me. i suggest you stick to shooting your own dogs for no apparent reason and ill enjoy working mine how i like, all the best.

Its a terrier lad,its in the name,they were bred with a single purpose in mind,that was to enter and do a job of work,many of the modern terriers are bred with less purpose,you obviously own that type,sadly its the wrong type.If it suits your purpose im pleased for you,yet lets become a little more realistic,its a 3rd rate cull that you feed,thats a fact that may not be savoury to your hunting ambition,yet its a fact that you have to face before you breed from it and pollute the terrier world with another litter of 3rd rate dross,3rd rate and im being kind mucker,face facts and not rose tinted speccy,s.

• Like 1

Its a terrier lad,its in the name,they were bred with a single purpose in mind,that was to enter and do a job of work,many of the modern terriers are bred with less purpose,you obviously own that type,sadly its the wrong type.If it suits your purpose im pleased for you,yet lets become a little more realistic,its a 3rd rate cull that you feed,thats a fact that may not be savoury to your hunting ambition,yet its a fact that you have to face before you breed from it and pollute the terrier world with another litter of 3rd rate dross,3rd rate and im being kind mucker,face facts and not rose tinted speccy,s.

yes ok, you obviously know everything. i have no intentions of arguing with a small minded idiot. all the best.

• Like 1

yes ok, you obviously know everything. i have no intentions of arguing with a small minded idiot. all the best.

The reason the terrier world is in the state it is now is because of the romantic souls like you that have dragged it into the realm of the romantic know feck alls,a terrier was once bred to GRAFT,now some want it to potter about and pretend.Whilst the likes of you may offer the mutt a good home,they will never offer it a working one and breed accordingly.Accordingly is why the terrier is in the state it is now,im glad im small minded and still have the resolve to stand against the likes that see a terrier as a 3rd rate tool to undertake their 3rd rate hunting lifestyle,a better bred terrier would serve more honest purpose,even if a nugget owned it.

• Like 1

Morton okay I see you point about what terriers were bred for but are you saying that digging dogs are better bushers or have more drive? What about the digging dog that doesn't bush well but switches on where it knows there is action? I have a young terrier on, she will drop in but thats not my game or her job as I see it, so I don't encourage it. Many of the places I work digging isn't an option so she suits my needs Atb

if you say so mate, they will both bush hard all day. they will both work rats. the both of them are good ferreting dogs. they mark. not saying theyd refuse to go to ground. theyve never been tried. wouldnt want them going to ground as thats not the kind of work i do with them. you have no idea of how they work and have never seen them work so dont see how you can say theyre 3rd just because they dont drop to ground. i dont have the need for a terrier that drop to ground every five minutes as that would be a pain in the arse for me. so they were never introduced. i wanted them to push qurry out of cover for the lurcher and thats what they do.

"The majority of Bedlingtons ive worked have been far from mute,noisy feckers,above and below,plus ive rarely owned one with a jacket worth mentioning,something Bedlingtons are renowned for.I owned a dog a couple of years ago that would not rein in,hit a scent and tally-ho,then many hours to locate the ignorant twat,he,s now a pet,the vast majority of the ones ive bred and grafted are perfectly biddable and rarely get lost on their bushing forays"

I take it you couldn't find your gun that time then Morton :laugh: Useless f****r might find its way into the bloodlines now? You're all over the place geezer, no clue :blink:

• Like 1

if you say so mate, they will both bush hard all day. they will both work rats. the both of them are good ferreting dogs. they mark. not saying theyd refuse to go to ground. theyve never been tried. wouldnt want them going to ground as thats not the kind of work i do with them. you have no idea of how they work and have never seen them work so dont see how you can say theyre 3rd just because they dont drop to ground. i dont have the need for a terrier that drop to ground every five minutes as that would be a pain in the arse for me. so they were never introduced. i wanted them to push qurry out of cover for the lurcher and thats what they do.

My terriers push out of cover,with the big b*****d lurchers in attendance,when the lurchers are in attendance when the quarry as run to ground i expect the terriers to do their job of work,if it could not fulfill that part of its work id cull it,or the lurcher that could not graft with the terrier.You will never need to try a terrier at earthwork,it should come natural,again if it does not its a fecking cull,if they do whats wanted on your endeavours,fair play,id not feed one of them.

"The majority of Bedlingtons ive worked have been far from mute,noisy feckers,above and below,plus ive rarely owned one with a jacket worth mentioning,something Bedlingtons are renowned for.I owned a dog a couple of years ago that would not rein in,hit a scent and tally-ho,then many hours to locate the ignorant twat,he,s now a pet,the vast majority of the ones ive bred and grafted are perfectly biddable and rarely get lost on their bushing forays"

I take it you couldn't find your gun that time then Morton :laugh: Useless f****r might find its way into the bloodlines now? You're all over the place geezer, no clue :blink:

Why?, i expect my terriers to be vocal above and below,the more vocal they are the better they get the job done,id not breed from a terrier without those attributes.Explain?.