As Taz said on another topic a hen can hold sperm for 18 days from a cock so i'd leave her on her own until that period is over them introduce them as then they will be 100% mule eggs..

Guest Navek

As fm said whippet I asked this question on another topic and taz said they will hold sperm for over two weeks if you put the goldie cock in now and the eggs hatch they won't be classed as mules as a mule is a goldie cock that as serviced a canary hen so the chicks will be half Canary half goldie...if you put the goodie in now all wat they will be still full Canary as the eggs would have been fertilised by the carny cock .....atb navek

Edited by Navek

never knew this fireman that they could hold for so long have a clutch here 2 normal colour mules and one clear from same hen, she was in with a cock canary 3 weeks previous to being with the finch its got to be a canary i reckon

hope so fireman cock or hen, what the heck a clear mule havent seen one before lol id also say hen by that picture because of position on perch but literally just jumped the nest so ill have to wait and see there was two clear one died at 4 days

• Like 1

Clear eggs for me nice to see some young . What's this hen by the way it's sitting? Curious . Never new a hen can hold sperm either for such time love learning .does this not beat the purpose of lettin the hen nest to a canary 1st round so finch will serve the second round method . I see the benefits above alright but imagine another canary clutch and expecting mules . This my first season trying for mules just seem to getting clear eggs