• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my fella

The pic

This is the dam to my pup

Posted Images

There is another fella on here that runs his brother His dog is smooth coated and built the same as my dog and from what I can see has much the same traits as mine.Been told a few out of this litter are capable of taking long ears.mine ain't quick enough for them but for what I want him for he more than fits the bill.Was offered his sister last year and now regret not taking her on

ATB edge

• Like 1

I'm lead to believe that it was Mr Burrel that bought the first Picardy over. I could be wrong but I was told this by someone who would have no reason to lie.

Mark had previously bred a line of Beardie/Greyhounds that originated from Hancock's Beardie Remus. Mark then added the Picardy when suitably related Beardie blood couldn't be found. His old dog Blade was a cracker.

These dogs have prey drive to burn and are exceptional hunters. Lovers of the old type of pot filling lurcher would appreciate dogs of this type. Serious dogs for serious hunters.

I'm also led to believe that Mark has now crossed one of his Picardy/Greyhounds with a German pointer for hawking purposes.

• Like 2

That sounds about right magpie, when I was in contact with Mark about 4 year ago he was breeding full Picardy's to Picardy/beardie Greyhound lurchers to breed a more hawking,cover dog which wasn't what I was looking for.

• 6 months later...

HI JUST CAME ACROSS THIS THREAD I BOUGHT A ROUGH COATED BITCH FROM MARK IN FEB 07 BORN DEC 06 THE SIRE WAS BLADE AND THE DAM TANGO . I USE HER FOR FERRETING, LAMPING AND BEATING , DEFINATELY A 1 PERSON DOG, EXTREMELY LOYAL ,GREAT GUARD THOUGH NOT AGGRESIVE SHE HAS QUITE A DOMINATE NATURE WHEN MEETING STRANGE DOGS ,OK WHEN THEY HAVE FAMILIERISED AS LONG AS THEY DONT TRY AND DOMINATE HER ELSE W.W.3 BREAKS OUT. 110 PERCENT WITH FARM STOCK BUT WILL STAND HER GROUND IF CATTLE TRY TO BULLY HER. ,GREAT WITH KIDS.GOOD NOSE,WOULD RUN HERSELF IN TO THE GROUND RATHER THAN GIVE UP IN HER YOUNGER DAYS ,VERY PHYSICALY SOUND , BIT NOISEY WHEN READY TO GO OUT BUT QUIET WHEN OUT OF FRONT GATE ,VERY.CLEVER ,TOTALY IN TUNE WITH ME, NEGATIVES DOESNT REALLY LISTEN TO THE WIFE WHEN SHES WALKING HER , NOT A BEGINERS DOG CAN BE A PROBLEM OCCASIONALY WITH STRANGE BITCHES ,WAS A LITTLE BIT STUBBORN WHEN YOUNG BUT NOT AT ALL WHEN MATURED . IN MY OPINION A GREAT ALL ROUND DOG, BAGS OF PERSONALITY ,GREAT TEMPRAMENT AND ,GOOD LOOKING WHICH I REMARKED TO MARK AND IS REPLY WAS GOOD LOOKS DONT CATCH RABBITS , BUT IN THIS CASE THEY DO, WOULD I HAVE ANOTHER ? IN A HEARTBEAT

• Like 1

Wasn't the Warrener running this kind of cross on a few of his dvds? And by the sounds of them they're very similar to kelpie crosses, good guards, vocal, can be dodgy with other dogs, but a bit more independent than your typical collie X, which can be seen as headstrong/stubborn

Have a young dog here learning ropes that's mostly beardy touch of border grey and he's like the dogs u mention personality wise. Dog try dominate him or push his luck and he turns into hulk. Decent stamina, good feet and quick enough. I use him for lamping only but back end of season will try him few days ferreting.

He was early at marking rabbits, marked foxes to ground and he's put up his own fox but not connected.

Think I will always stick to a beardy type.

Any pictures of these Picardy xs?