The Hw80 Restore And Tune

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well after a bit of looking around for a project gun found a hw80 and will be collecting in few days its a early one in .22 thanks to a fellow member for the heads up (dac) picked it up for 120 qui

Well was up early this morning so made a cupa got myself set up at living room window paced out 30 yd and put a thick board up and some targets At 1st I wasn't getting much in the way of groups

well got the piston back from thusodog and a huge thanks bud you have done a amazing job got her lubed up and all built up and my god its so smooth is unlike anything ive shot so solid and i got the

• 2 weeks later...

Well didn't get time last week to start on the gun but today I have removed the tiny barrel and fit the longer one and scoped it up going to put a few shots through her and see groups before delving bit deeper over next few days inc re crown the barrel but couple of pics so far

Will be stripped for internals overhaul in next few days so more to follow

6ACC60B8-DA26-48FA-BF71-AA1813081A33.jpg

7C503D52-49DC-4C9B-A302-07C94A5DC845.jpg

9357F4ED-F45C-4993-AB58-985C21A413D4.jpg

Put a few shots through and is bit jumpy and crunchy when cock it and not shooting at its best so lots more to follow

• Like 1

Well had another hour on it before taking dog out got it stripped down was all very stuck so guessing not been apart for few years

Looks like a previous owner has fit a v Mach kit result!! Was all absolutely blathered so this the result after a good clean

26FDCC45-1B9E-4796-983F-09EFEE208178.jpg

EA15DDA6-4A14-49B0-B590-BBDAAF573FB1.jpg

270EEABB-F00E-48F2-B4A7-3F361957E45E.jpg

Everything has cleaned up great just the cylinder wants a re blue when get chance

Bought a new piston washer

Oh and needs a new barrel pivot bolt as old was cross threaded and glued in!

Now another good polish and re lube properly as was clogged full of thick nasty grease

Cheers Tom Yea happy to find them internals

Well she's all built up spat 1st few shots but settled down nice now planted 3 pellets on top of each other in garden tonight not far probs 25yd but looks promising still find it slightly thuddy though if that's a word but will put more shots through her tomorw

See how it goes

Lovely looking stock but, my word, this is a short carbine. That can be remedied with a new barrel though, if needed Matty.

I think though, on balance there is an amazingly fine rifle in the restoration process here Matty. A real honest gem. Well done on aquiring it!

All the best.

Simon

• Like 2

Hi all.

Been busy as he'll and not on here enough.

hope all well folks.

Matt if u fancy a v - glide piston then send the piston to me and I will turn and size a pare of delrin rings to the piston.

Done all mines since buying an old but fantastic Myford lathe.

Makes a world of difference to the performance.

Freeby as I owe you a favour for sending my pics of an 80 I sold cheers ;-)

Chris :-)

Edited by thursodog
  • Like 1

Hi mate hope all is well that's a really nice offer thank you v much I think I will defiantly take you up on that :)

Think will help it not been so thuddy the power is sat nicely around 11.5 so it's not down to too much power and all internals are silky smooth now