Lifting The Ban

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did the ban stop anyone in the first place? I think the good lads kept there head down and the idiots got caught posting on facebook, it would be nice not to have to make two trips for one session tho

Your having a laugh NO they won't lift the ban tory lieing scum

I know what you mean mate, but I heard from a farmer not so long ago that the annual hare shoot last year at Sandringham accounted for about 900 hares, it made me wonder how many other estates have ma

Posted Images

Nothing mentioned in the parliamentary queens speech so looks like we go into another season as the one before

I think the Queens speech deals with Bills to be put forward by Ministers for this parliament. I may be wrong but I was given to understand that the Motion for Repeal would be put forward in the Parliament by a Conservative Backbencher and then it would be debated in Government time and a vote would take place. The simplest way is to again E-mail the various MP,,s from either camp and ask them when it will be debated. Keep the pressure on them as a promise that they will not be allowed to break.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 1

it looks like most lads who send a letter to labour mps, are not getting a reply, not to worry about this lads its to be expected of labour mps, they might not be expecting getting bombarded with a pro hunting campaign, so just sending them the letter is still good, its still making them notice were all still here, keep up the good work lads, we have nothing to lose by doing this, but we do have a lot to gain,

it was never going to be mentioned at the queens speech, more for some tactical reason on the conservative and camerons part.

Environment secretary Liz Truss has said she would vote to bring back fox hunting, however she may have to wait a while as a Bill to repeal the ban was not included in today's Queen's Speech.

David Cameron promised in his general election manifesto to give MPs a free vote "with a government bill in
government time" on repealing the ban brought in by Labour in 2004.

But Tory MPs, who have long agitated for the ban to be lifted, look unlikely to be given that vote in the coming year. Instead the prime minister said the new laws proposed today were part of a "clear programme for working people".

Asked on BBC Radio 4's Today programme this morning whether she would vote to bring back hunting with dogs, Truss said she would.

"It is absolutely a commitment that we will hold a free vote of parliament – it will be a government bill in government time. It’s a free vote, so MPs can vote as they see fit. It has always been a matter for a free vote," she said.

"I would vote in favour of repeal. It’s a matter for them, and it’s a matter for MPs. The whole point of a free vote is they are free to choose how they vote. I have been very clear about the way I would vote."

Any move to bring back fox hunting would likely face stiff opposition from Labour MPs as well as Tory backbenchers who favour a ban.

i got a reply it says

Thank you for your email reagarding the above issue

I have a long standing record on the banning of hunting with dogs and have taken a lead role in animal welfare legistation whistle being at westminster.

i will continue to vote against any atempt to repeal the legistation on hunting in the house of commons

all best wishes alan meale MP

i got a reply it says

Thank you for your email reagarding the above issue

I have a long standing record on the banning of hunting with dogs and have taken a lead role in animal welfare legistation whistle being at westminster.

i will continue to vote against any atempt to repeal the legistation on hunting in the house of commons

all best wishes alan meale MP

Would this be the same scumbag who received a Knighthood also

18:39Tuesday 17 September 2013

Long-serving Mansfield MP Sir Alan Meale has dismissed as ‘b******s’ (rubbish) Chad’s efforts to contact him for comment on his latest parliamentary expenses claim of £162,547 to the year ending April 2013.

• Like 1

MPs' expenses: Labour MP Alan Meale spends more than £13,000 on gardening Labour MP Alan Meale spent more than £13,000 on his garden in four years, billing the taxpayer for a new storage building, repairs to his fencing and gates, and bark to keep the weeds down.

• Like 4

These MP,s want to cover up their fraudulent ways of life while curtailing hundreds of thousands traditional country activities shame, shame, shame. Name and shame these pillars of society.

Edited by desertbred

I don't do politics as I don't understand why they are allowed to lie to get votes and then the people they lie too still vote them in to power...I cant see them ever lifting the hunting ban for so many reasons..

If they allow hunting foxes they wont have the numbers of police to watch every hunt in the country to keep the sabs under control.....

If they allow coursing they wont have the numbers of police to follow up every report from the farmers of illegal trespass...

The case against the hunting ban being lifted is bigger now than it was at the start because the anti hunt types have had many years to organise them selves and they have gained some very prominent figures to help there cause...

The pro hunt lobbyists have fallen behind, not that they haven't tried but there up against a brick wall because unlike the antis they've tried too mostly stay within the law...

Now is the time all the pro hunters should be getting in the faces of the politicians so the lifting of the ban can gain momentum....

I hope im wrong as I work four lurchers and id like to work them as a team, but I just cant see it happening.. They might remove a few restrictions but they wont ever allow it as it was..

This is just my opinion guys..

They've tried, but it doesn't seem like you have ,you don't do politics? The C/A are asking every member to lobby their MP's and someone.s provided a link on here too, but you sit on your bum and do nothing but whine.

Edited by Argon66
  • Like 1

Nothing mentioned in the parliamentary queens speech so looks like we go into another season as the one before

I think the Queens speech deals with Bills to be put forward by Ministers for this parliament. I may be wrong but I was given to understand that the Motion for Repeal would be put forward in the Parliament by a Conservative Backbencher and then it would be debated in Government time and a vote would take place. The simplest way is to again E-mail the various MP,,s from either camp and ask them when it will be debated. Keep the pressure on them as a promise that they will not be allowed to break.

Lobbied my Tory MP whom I know is pro hunting, that's why I voted for him!

• Like 1

One thing about the repeal hunting ban is although perhaps we would be able to pursue are sports without looking over our shoulders. Due to the increased publicity and the supposed reinstatement of hunting with dogs to the public there would be a huge rise in antis who would permanently pester and inhibit are actions.

I don't do politics as I don't understand why they are allowed to lie to get votes and then the people they lie too still vote them in to power...I cant see them ever lifting the hunting ban for so many reasons..

If they allow hunting foxes they wont have the numbers of police to watch every hunt in the country to keep the sabs under control.....

If they allow coursing they wont have the numbers of police to follow up every report from the farmers of illegal trespass...

The case against the hunting ban being lifted is bigger now than it was at the start because the anti hunt types have had many years to organise them selves and they have gained some very prominent figures to help there cause...

The pro hunt lobbyists have fallen behind, not that they haven't tried but there up against a brick wall because unlike the antis they've tried too mostly stay within the law...

Now is the time all the pro hunters should be getting in the faces of the politicians so the lifting of the ban can gain momentum....

I hope im wrong as I work four lurchers and id like to work them as a team, but I just cant see it happening.. They might remove a few restrictions but they wont ever allow it as it was..

This is just my opinion guys..

I'm not sure I agree. I don't think that laws are decided in regard to how well they can be enforced by the police , rather the other way round! But if that was in fact the case then it is plain that the police currently have enough officers to pursue illegal coursers so why is that going to change?

Likewise, they can currently provide what they consider to be sufficient men to watch every hunt and once again, why should that change?

Just get writing to your mp, do what you can. You say you want to work all your dogs, well do your bit pal, don't just say it will never happen try your best to make sure it does

If the ban were to be repealed, I think operation Galileo would find it even more difficult to police hunting activity and also to justify the amount of ££££ they swallow up.

• Like 1

Just had email from countryside alliance asking for us to starting writing to our MP and then forwarding the replies onto the CA. Looks like things are moving lads!!! stay positive,

Just had email from countryside alliance asking for us to starting writing to our MP and then forwarding the replies onto the CA. Looks like things are moving lads!!! stay positive,

That's right I've done mine!