Lifting The Ban

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did the ban stop anyone in the first place? I think the good lads kept there head down and the idiots got caught posting on facebook, it would be nice not to have to make two trips for one session tho

Your having a laugh NO they won't lift the ban tory lieing scum

I know what you mean mate, but I heard from a farmer not so long ago that the annual hare shoot last year at Sandringham accounted for about 900 hares, it made me wonder how many other estates have ma

Posted Images

There was nothing better than getting a early morning stones at window like minded lads going Coursing not having to look over your back I couldn't sleep thinking about how my dog would fair on the hare when he got out his seat there was nothing more magnificent to me than the site of a good run the Waterloo Dava forley is part of us it runs throughout our blood something that I'd love to see return . Ignorance is bliss

All the lads I've known throughout my hunting days Bob NOT a single one has chucked the towel in and quit the game because of the ban,illness,age or death yes but not directly because of the ban,they may have had to veer slightly of track to previously but nothing other than that..that tells me the ban has had little effect to the hardcore hunting enthusiast,those that went well we are better off without them as their hearts weren't ever in the game to start with..the Waterloo Cup was never my thing,fox hunting either nor shooting or fishing in fact I participate in no other country sports and never have..I'm a lurcherman through & through,always have been always will be..I'm a die hard lol..ban or repeal of ban,I will find work for my dogs and plenty of it ?

• Like 4

i used to course legally with like minded people in coursing clubs on permission with loads of hares, some of the best times I've had, a lot of younger lads say to me "that must have been great" well it was, and nows your chance to push for it to all come back, because a repeal simply means we go back to how hunting with dogs was in 2004 a repeal isn't negotiable or debatable it makes the ban null and void, obsolete whatever you want to call it put simply the ban will be over, if you've got a bit of permission land or join a club then theres no taking dogs off people no taking cars off people no asbos, no fines, no criminal convictions, and an opportunity for young lads to get into the great sport what us older fellers have seen, theres nothing better than waking up early and putting your dogs in the car to go and run a few hares with your mates, rather than looking over your shoulder all the time wondering if your going to get car took off you

It is a sad state of affairs buddy BUT would you or anyone reading this forum quit for good if you were fined,had a car confiscated,an asbo,dog confiscated etc if found guilty of breaking the hunting legislation laws? Or would it just make you sit back and then change course with your hunting activities?

• Like 1

I THINK A LOT HAS TO DO WITH THE OTHER HALF MOANING FUJI AND THE IN LAWS,,,, SEEING THINGS IN THE PAPER FINES ETC ETC IVE PAYED GOD KNOWS HOW MUCH IN FINES ITS A SMALL PRICE FOR OUR SPORT COMPARED TO OTHER SPORTS WHAT CHAPS DO,,,,,, SOME FOLK HAVE GUN LIECENES,,,WHAT THERE SCARED TO LOSE,,,, FACK GUN OR DOG BEATS ME ,,LOL ,,,, IVE DUCKED AND DIVED ALL ME LIFE,,,AND ADD A LOT BIGGER THAN A POXY POACHING FINE,,,,, ROUND ME NECK,,,, THERE ONLY 1 WAY WITH THIS HUNTING GAME AND THATS FORWARD MARCH,,,

Edited by tjones3862
  • Like 4

Jim until the law gets reinstated where you can be hung for a few rabbits I reckon like you say..keep marching onwards lol..and you won't ever stop,your not like lots of these coursing dogs..a jacker haha

Edited to add..I'd just like to wish all you guys the best of luck in regards of getting a repeal on the ban in the very near future,I'm taking a break from the forums for a while,I have other things ongoing in my life which takes priority..so good luck folks,catch up when I'm back lol...all the best,be lucky & take care ?

• Like 4

Jim until the law gets reinstated where you can be hung for a few rabbits I reckon like you say..keep marching onwards lol..and you won't ever stop,your not like lots of these coursing dogs..a jacker haha

?????

i used to course legally with like minded people in coursing clubs on permission with loads of hares, some of the best times I've had, a lot of younger lads say to me "that must have been great" well it was, and nows your chance to push for it to all come back, because a repeal simply means we go back to how hunting with dogs was in 2004 a repeal isn't negotiable or debatable it makes the ban null and void, obsolete whatever you want to call it put simply the ban will be over, if you've got a bit of permission land or join a club then theres no taking dogs off people no taking cars off people no asbos, no fines, no criminal convictions, and an opportunity for young lads to get into the great sport what us older fellers have seen, theres nothing better than waking up early and putting your dogs in the car to go and run a few hares with your mates, rather than looking over your shoulder all the time wondering if your going to get car took off you

It is a sad state of affairs buddy BUT would you or anyone reading this forum quit for good if you were fined,had a car confiscated,an asbo,dog confiscated etc if found guilty of breaking the hunting legislation laws? Or would it just make you sit back and then change course with your hunting activities?

everyone is different fuji, i was brought up on a rough council estate by a drunken father, i got my first custodial sentence in kirklevington detention centre at 16 yrs old followed by going to everthorpe borstal, and then another 11 fairly lengthy prison sentences, when prison was prison 23 hr bang up, i know all about breaking the law and suffering the consequences, i been out of trouble for years got a good job and a good family now, some of my coursing mates/ ex coursing mates have good jobs, they can't risk getting a criminal conviction of any sort as it goes on a crb check if they were crb checked and it came back with anything on it they wouldn't be allowed to go into some of the places where they work, and i am proud of them for that

been at it now for nearly 60 years, and not wanting to blow my own trumpet, cos no one else is gonna do it for me, ive done it all in them fields and woodlands, and will carry on doing so until the good lord takes me, and i hope its out theer in the fields, many a time i sit back and reflect on some of my encounters, i could write a book with ease, had some great dogs to, and now for the moment a 1 working whippet, soon i hope to have myself a lurcher pup, fingers crossed, no one will ever stop me from doing what i love, i mean just look at the pic, out wi dog, i walk miles every day of the week, take that away from me, i wouldnt see 72 :victory:

post-59960-0-79529200-1431900322_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

ive been involed with running dogs and terriers all my life, just change tack so to speak it would be great if i could go back to the old ways, but as much as i want the ban lifted, i ve got a feeling that it might get lifted with some restrictions in place.

my mp is anti hunting so i know what way there going to vote. we Need to get the London gathering sorted very soon.

• Like 1

ive been involed with running dogs and terriers all my life, just change tack so to speak it would be great if i could go back to the old ways, but as much as i want the ban lifted, i ve got a feeling that it might get lifted with some restrictions in place.

my mp is anti hunting so i know what way there going to vote. we Need to get the London gathering sorted very soon.

the vote is to repeal the ban. In other words, keep it, or bin it. IN ITS ENTIRETY! no restrictions, other than what laws were already in place before the ban. it really is that simple

• Like 2

It's not affected me resllyt.but I feel for peoples who s conviction for it would see them losetheir job etc.I may be sppling for my Canada visa so if I got done could seriously affect my family plans.its just not fair and needs sorting.I'll march let's go

• Like 1

Catching more and more of this in the News mind http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Hunt-ban-repeal-likely-soon-long-Scots-don-t/story-26512599-detail/story.html

Hunting ban repeal almost certain

Hunt ban repeal 'likely soon' - as long as the Scots don't get involved

By TristanCork | Posted: May 15, 2015

10076286-large.jpg

Devon and Somerset Staghounds

Comments (3)

The ban on hunting looks almost certain to be repealed – as long as the new army of Scottish National Party MPs keep their promise not to vote on English laws.

But repealing the ban on hunting could be the first issue to spark the division of the United Kingdom – if those SNP MPs do step in and vote with anti-hunt English and Welsh members.

A free vote on the Hunting Act was promised in the Conservative manifesto and sparked a huge number of hunt supporters to volunteer in their thousands to help campaign for Tory MPs across the West. But the early indications are that if a free vote was held it would be on a knife-edge – if the Scottish MPs joined in.

Read more: http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Hunt-ban-repeal-likely-soon-long-Scots-don-t/story-26512599-detail/story.html#ixzz3aUGtMsHV
Follow us: @WesternDaily on Twitter | WesternDaily on Facebook

• Like 2