Wild Mink

Thanks for all the responses chaps.

In a strange twist of coincidence, just shot another one this week and on a new perm - total chance and fluke. 30yrds, .22 S410 Classic - hit so hard the mink spun round 90 degrees....dead from a head shot. I probably wont see one again for another 10 years....I hate them, almost as much as rats.

• Like 3

Cheers Hoggy

I once read something on the net that said there were no mink in Cumbria (where I shoot) - utter nonsense, my bit of the region has a few, and I've talked to river fisherman who have seen them on the rivers trying to take fish. Plenty about IMO. :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

I think i saw a mink crossing a road late at night but not sure , it was roughly the size of a cat but had the shape of a ferret . not sure if they are round here in neath area south wales .. but it was not a cat i saw ..

I think i saw a mink crossing a road late at night but not sure , it was roughly the size of a cat but had the shape of a ferret . not sure if they are round here in neath area south wales .. but it was not a cat i saw ..

Where In South Wales are you from. ? When I can a kid we had a pet rabbit in our garden and it was out in the garden when my dad who was in his shed wood turning heard a noise and came out and a mink was dancing around our rabbit. My dad started throwing chisels at it until it f****d off. that's the story I was told anyway. I remember the event even tho I was young because our rabbit was sort of paralysed for a week or so after where upon he got "let loose to play with the other bunnies in the wild" by my dad. Think we all know what happened

Never even seen one in the wild let alone shot one. Pretty much any other species that I could say that about I would consider it a privilege to see and leave it be but mink would be the exception to the rule, if one stepped in to my sights it would be the last step it took! I still cannot get my head around the fact that it was so called animal rights fanatics that cursed our natural ecosystems with such a vicious non native predator :( I suppose it just goes to show what a pathetic bunch of uneducated losers on a mission they are!!

• Like 1

Where In South Wales are you from. ? When I can a kid we had a pet rabbit in our garden and it was out in the garden when my dad who was in his shed wood turning heard a noise and came out and a mink was dancing around our rabbit. My dad started throwing chisels at it until it f****d off. that's the story I was told anyway. I remember the event even tho I was young because our rabbit was sort of paralysed for a week or so after where upon he got "let loose to play with the other bunnies in the wild" by my dad. Think we all know what happened

yeah think i can guess lol ..seven sisters ,neath area . trouble is they are rarely seen but could easily be about , they hunt water ways i think a lot have to talk to some of the local fishermen see if they've been spotted ..

• Like 1