Problems With Deben Collar And Locator.

I have a mk3 locator and two collars where the locator seems to only work when your within a few feet in both search and locate modes and one of the collars won't turn on at all. Does anybody have any suggestions on rectifying the problems? I have tried fresh batteries, making sure nothing interrupting mobile phones etc. if not has anybody sent bits back to Deben? What sort of prices should I be looking at?

Any info would be great.

I found with one of my collars which wouldn't turn on, if I left the batteries out for a couple of days it works fine,it's almost as though it builds static up inside, I am no electrician but it really does work for me,

• Like 1

my mate sent a collar back with same problem to deben and they replaced it free of charge.

i had a problem with a reciever which was repaired for a fee with excellent customer service.

as regard mk1 to mk3 there is no comparison just some people dont seem to give them an chance and time to get there head round how it works it takes a while.

Once you do though I would never go back.

• Like 3

Since I started the banter I feel obliged to respond. Working big warrens I tend to have a MK1 at each end and one in the middle. All I'm trying to do, given that I don't have a wonderful dog, is to let me know where the action is or is likely to be. I hope you all agree that the boxes, set at about 3 foot, are a bonus. Not only that, the collars are less likely to give you problems in the nets. Admitted I'm an old hand, couldn't get on with the new MK3 and consistantly get good results with the old gear, have a great friend who wants to change back to a MK1 I think I'm vindicated. Any road on, you use what suits you. Wonder how many still use the hob line? Jok.

• Like 1

I found with one of my collars which wouldn't turn on, if I left the batteries out for a couple of days it works fine,it's almost as though it builds static up inside, I am no electrician but it really does work for me,

I had a similar problem, collar wouldnt turn off (but it didnt know at the time), then after running its batteries out in the bag, I replaced them. Took them out after the next day out and when I put them back in next, everything worked as it should... Probably drive 60 mile now to find all my batteries dead in all 4 collars lol.

• Like 1