Fresh Meat Round The North East

I was kindly given a fridge and freezer by a memeber of this site.was looking to start my terriers on a fresh meat diet is there any where round the north east that stocks this kind of thing.

Regards

Dave

Edited by crazydave

Daf is shit, still decent meat but always putting prices up, better meat an prices from halls of you can get it, but daf ain't bad if its all you can get. Got me out a pickle a few times

I agree mate I Was working next to daf an had a look in the prices are daft halls is better altogether

Daf is shit, still decent meat but always putting prices up, better meat an prices from halls of you can get it, but daf ain't bad if its all you can get. Got me out a pickle a few times

I agree mate I Was working next to daf an had a look in the prices are daft halls is better altogether

When daf first started it was great mate, honest to fook I was well impressed, this was few years back now, then the prices steadily went up.usually about 50p a box every few weeks, and everybody needs to make a profit I agree with that but while putting prices up the meat was getting worse, so I ended up going elsewhere. Local boarding kennels still use daf an have sorted me out if I get stuck. And the meat has been good enough tbh

well my local pet shop gets it from there an they sell it cheaper than them an when I told them that they said it's because they bulk buy I told them Al bulk buy but it but it was still daft prices so left empty handed
  • Like 1

Davey go to Brennan animal feeds in Darlington, it's a warehouse until just off Borough Road. I used to get all my meat from there and he will deliver aswell. Always spot on for me but that was a number of years ago now since I moved from Darlo.

There used to be a slaughter house just to right of approach to Tyne Bridge Gateshead side. Sheep heads and green tripe there for the taking, just used to give the lads who worked there a couple of quid each week and take as much as you needed. Take it back to the yard, boil it, and the dogs had top quality feed and something to go at re pulling it to bits and crunching bones. The sheep heads were cut in half with a hack saw after boiling. Long gone now so a bit pointless me posting this I suppose but....happy days !