Dive Bottle Help

Hi all is it possible to fill a small dive bottle with a hand pump. I know it sounds like madnes and would take a hell of a lot of pumping but I don't live anywhere near a dive shop to get bottles refilled and am sick of recharging with a pump in the field I did look at getting a compressor but the only ones I could find were many thousands of pounds. So if anyone knows if it is actually even possible to fill a bottle with a pump any info would be much appreciated or if you know of anywhere I could get a cheap 300bar compressor

Dazza

Not a task I would wish to undertake. But in theory I couldn't see why not.

You would need a non return valve fitting to the regs.

How bigs your bottle?

Moxy got it band on, most peeps fill a gun the once and say stuff that never mind a bottle.

Might be better saving a few for ££'s and getting a larger bottle so you dont need to travel to get it filled so much.

Might also be worth asking members that are near you were they get theirs filled, would imagine theres quite a few places in kent

heres a few to be going on with

Kent Scuba Ltd
274 Northdown Road, Margate CT9 2PT 01843 297430

The Simply Group
Upper Brents Industrial Estate, Upper Brents, Faversham, Kent ME13 7DZ 01227 284348

Aqua Elevation
Sandown Cottages/London Rd, Sittingbourne ME9 9JE 01795 521913

Fiftybar Diving
within Whitstable Swimming Pool, Tower Parade, Whitstable , Kent , CT5 2BJ Tel: 01227 772442

Edited by Durham John
  • Like 1

Hi all is it possible to fill a small dive bottle with a hand pump. I know it sounds like madnes and would take a hell of a lot of pumping but I don't live anywhere near a dive shop to get bottles refilled and am sick of recharging with a pump in the field I did look at getting a compressor but the only ones I could find were many thousands of pounds. So if anyone knows if it is actually even possible to fill a bottle with a pump any info would be much appreciated or if you know of anywhere I could get a cheap 300bar compressor

Dazza

Live anywhere near a firestation? They have air compressors to fill the cylinders on their breathing gear!

Could be, we got told under no circumstances could we fill any bottle unless it was the fire services, in test or not, due to the possibility of damaging the equipment that could be used for life saving purposes, I can see where they are coming from its just a pain having the equipment to charge and not being able to use it.