First Few Bucks Of The Season

Just a few pics of some bucks from this season with the .222

post-88284-0-13475400-1430460700_thumb.jpg

post-88284-0-72012100-1430460766_thumb.jpg

I had let this lad go 3 times but he had moved to the march on some ground that is is stalked heavily so I took him

post-88284-0-90903600-1430460993_thumb.jpg

I knew there was a buck working an area it was just turning dark but still plenty of light to see through the schmidt and bender the pheasants were making a bit noise before going up to roost so knew somethinng was going about ...a big feral cat came walking down the fence at the side of a plantation I got down on the bipod and gave it a squeak ...just with that a buck jumped the fence only about 100yards out so I dropped him and the weeman got to bleed his new knife I got the cat 2 days later .

post-88284-0-52905300-1430461458_thumb.jpg

This lad was with a doe with a pair of last years twins and a very big buck that will be a medal head hopefully I catch up with the big buck after the rut

• Like 5

I can't wait for my lad to be old enough to come out with me, your little fella looks like he's having a great time!

Bucks down here are a bit behind most of yours and only just starting to clean velvet.

good shooting. great to see the little guy out. my little lad is five and spent a few days out with me on the rabbits with our ferrets. he always ask to come shooting but will have to wait a while yet

well done, I have been shooting a few bucks recently just need to get some pics on here lol

• Like 1

Excellent mate .my lad is into it big time as well and theres nothing finer than seeing them progress .Did his first gralloch other day unaided and very clean .Good pics ,good shooting and time well spent with your boy .

good shooting. great to see the little guy out. my little lad is five and spent a few days out with me on the rabbits with our ferrets. he always ask to come shooting but will have to wait a while yet

well done, I have been shooting a few bucks recently just need to get some pics on here lol

he lives and breathes this way of life it really is in his blood ....Im just away out to check some spots with the terriers as I have had hens being taken by a fox ....it is hammering with rain so said to the weeman that hed better stay at home and watch the Chelsea game ....his response was dad i will just put a jacket on its only water ...not many 7 year olds would be up for it and I know he wont moan once .....its a dying breed youngsters in this game so we need to encourage it when we can

• Like 2

he lives and breathes this way of life it really is in his blood ....Im just away out to check some spots with the terriers as I have had hens being taken by a fox ....it is hammering with rain so said to the weeman that hed better stay at home and watch the Chelsea game ....his response was dad i will just put a jacket on its only water ...not many 7 year olds would be up for it and I know he wont moan once .....its a dying breed youngsters in this game so we need to encourage it when we can

good on you mate and the of course the star boy.my little boy was cleaning daddy's bang stick yesterday after a afternoon on the crows and then in the garage today while I prep a buck. just got to try and keep him off the ipad lol