Last time they said it was my heart..... That turned out fine!

I went to the DR's this morning as I've had a persistent cough for a couple of months and some weird pains..... He immediately sent me to the hospital now I'm being tested for tb, cancer etc

:cray:

Head is fuucked up and don't even know how to open the conversation with my family. Do I wait for the results or prep them for possible bad news.

Has anybody else been through this?? Did it pan out OK?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers guys.   Just seen the results of the xrays blood tests etc.. no cancer cells or abnormal cell counts showing, no tb or lung shadows, so now another round of tests. Arse has stopped twitching

Hopefully its just precautionary tests and nothing serious.......i wish you well   If theres one thing ive learned this last year its that you cant have too many tests......better the devil you kno

All that fuss over a fukcing cough ... You need to man the fukc up you fanny ... Get some buttercup medicine down you and crack on ... Fukcing attention seeker .......

Hopefully its just precautionary tests and nothing serious.......i wish you well :thumbs:

If theres one thing ive learned this last year its that you cant have too many tests......better the devil you know and all that.......as regards family,would you want to know if your child/wife/parent was going through a traumatic time ? of course you would its only fair on you to know..... so you have to be fair to them as well.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 6

Aye they don't seem to be taking any chances. All and every test planned (God bless private health care) bloody frightening mate tbh. Sat in front of the Dr while he's telling you we're gonna test for this that and the other now get to this hospital your appointment is in 15 mins. Leaves you numb.

I have had heart attack triple heart by pass suffer with depression bad and I have now been told I have an enlarged spline to 17.5 cm and gallstones and have just had a secatery phone me to cancel an appointment with a dr I am taking a minimum of 50 mg of morphine a day. I don't know how much pain and suffering you are enduring but all I can say is I have told all my family and I am ready for death so preparation is all done I told my 94 yr old mother and she said well we will burn you lol she is losing it abit though. what ever you do mate don't give up and live every day to the limit my thoughts are with you.

• Like 6

Thanks for the kind msgs I've done what any normal man would do in this situation.... Gone to the pub :laugh:

Nothing is set in stone and at this time the tests I think are to rule out shit but it feckin messes ya head up.

How do I even broach the subject with my 12 year old daughter?

everyones got their own way of doing things,i wouldn't put my family through the worry in case it turned out to be all clear and i'd just put them through a lot of trauma for nothing.

but if you need their support obviously you'll need to tell them.

imo it'll make no difference to them whether they find out sooner or later.

hopefully it's just a bit of indigestion from too much paella :thumbs:

No. I've decided to wait and tbh I'm pretty good at dealing with crap on my own, so I'll just ride it out for now.

Thing is you hear the word cancer not "you must have tests" or "let's eliminate this" or tb or copd or any of the other possibilities he mentioned and your head just crawls down ya back and up your arse.

That one word just grabs all ya focus and suddenly illogical fear and thoughts creep in and take over.

• Like 1