Fox Trapping Austalia

I think if a man/woman is into trapping, then best of luck to them! But I do think that your photo gallery should be in your head and private to you, a lot of people only take pics now to share online.

I think this these pics should not be put on this site as anti's will use them, which will affect country sports in Ireland and UK.

I honestly can say hand on heart, how on earth can somebody come on here and say the fox is not stressed from this ordeal. Would you not need to be a fox to experience the feelings while caught?

Is it ok for me to comment although I don't post in this section?

Is the fox in a trap more stressed than a hare or rabbit your lurcher is running?

Yes it's is ... Rabbits and hares are prey animals their whole existence relyes on flight so running from a predator is second nature to them and wouldn't cause them stress if it did there would be rabbits and hates dropping dead of shock all over the place lol .... A fox is a predator so being trapped is going to cause it plenty of stress ... If left alone then they will happily lay down and go to sleep as I am sure many of us have seen ... But when you walk up to it to carry out the dispatch it's is certainly going to panick and be stressed so kill it quick ... As I said I certainly wouldn't condem the way another country traps it's animals but foot holds are not for me ........
  • Like 2

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A prime example of commenting on something you know f**k all about

Personaly,..I think we need to act like adults over such matters.. I fecking hate censorship,...I dislike not being able to do,.. what I want to do in life,...   The concept of a hunting forum, i

Thought I would put up a few photos of some foxes I trapped.

Posted Images

I think if a man/woman is into trapping, then best of luck to them! But I do think that your photo gallery should be in your head and private to you, a lot of people only take pics now to share online.

I think this these pics should not be put on this site as anti's will use them, which will affect country sports in Ireland and UK.

I honestly can say hand on heart, how on earth can somebody come on here and say the fox is not stressed from this ordeal. Would you not need to be a fox to experience the feelings while caught?

Is it ok for me to comment although I don't post in this section?

Is the fox in a trap more stressed than a hare or rabbit your lurcher is running?

Yes it's is ... Rabbits and hares are prey animals their whole existence relyes on flight so running from a predator is second nature to them and wouldn't cause them stress if it did there would be rabbits and hates dropping dead of shock all over the place lol .... A fox is a predator so being trapped is going to cause it plenty of stress ... If left alone then they will happily lay down and go to sleep as I am sure many of us have seen ... But when you walk up to it to carry out the dispatch it's is certainly going to panick and be stressed so kill it quick ... As I said I certainly wouldn't condem the way another country traps it's animals but foot holds are not for me ........

But Socks, isn't it true that the fox evolved not just as a predator, but as prey to larger predators. It's only in the last couple of hundred years that the fox has been apex predator in the UK?

Are you implying that a herbivoure being pursued for it's life is less stressed than a fox that is being approached for dispatch?

Some interesting theories on this thread.... :hmm:

Edited by J Darcy
  • Like 2

I will maintain that a prey animal is not stressed when being chased it's just doing what comes naturally to it .... IE escaping ......

O.k socks, what about a dog that doesn't kill a rabbit, but instead carries it back alive, or plays with it a little before killing it! Should we stop working these dogs for fear of stressing the rabbit? Honest question?

As I stated I don't believe a prey animal gets stressed in the way we think about stress ... Their whole existence depends on flight ... Running away to survive rabbits in this country to springbok on the Masai mark is he same and when caught who knows what goes through they brain but I doubt if it's stress the way we think about stress ........

• Like 1

I will maintain that a prey animal is not stressed when being chased it's just doing what comes naturally to it .... IE escaping ......

If a rabbit or hare got stressed every time they got chased, there would be none left. To be fair any animal with a target on it's ar$e must be used to running away.

TC

years ago i did a lot of lamping i often heard rabbits or hares squealing before they were caught or got away , is that not stress?
  • Like 3

Well !!!! some of you have slagged this poor lad off so much, that he will probably never come on the site again, he put up some pics to show us all what he does in his country, nothing wrong with that in my opinion, i thought this site was for hunting trapping and pest control, just because his methods dont suit you doesn't make it wrong.

If you go on some of the other sites from other country's you will see thousands of pics just like these.

The problem is with this country is we pander far too much to the animal rites lunatics.

I hope Adam keeps posting pics, it certainly a lot more interesting than a thousand topics on catching moles, which by the way is how i make most of my living for a few months of the year.

Brian

Adam has spat his dummy out. did he really think everyone was going to pat him on the back and say well done fella. this is a www. forum with thousands of members. some will agree with what is posted and some wont. differing opinions are the lifes blood of these forums. leg hold traps arnt for me, many other members dont mind them. i feel that standing taking pics whilst the animal. (any animal) is trapped. as disrespectfull. however i love taking pictures of the chase be it rat rabbit or hare. this is just my mind set i suppose. ive seen rabbits foxes and hares being chased and taking the micky out of dogs. the only time they panicked is when they where put under extreme pressure. i also feel that there is a world of a distance between taking a picture of an animal that is (dead man walking) and grabbing a picture of a sporting challenge that could end up with numerous outcomes some of them in the favour of the prey animal.

• Like 4

All types of hunting cause stress to some extent,...facts are, for us it is just sport or pest control,..however,...for the target species,...it is kinda serious.... :yes:

_MG_7402.jpg

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 2

To say prey animals dont feel stress is BULL SH1t, as Micky said rabbits and hares often squeal long before the dog picks them up, also i have seen rabbits being hunted by Stoats that were squealing like mad before they were caught.

By the way Phil, nice looking animal, but why do some people think this picture is alright but a fox in a trap is not, to me they are exactly the same.

Brian

• Like 3

To say prey animals dont feel stress is BULL SH1t, as Micky said rabbits and hares often squeal long before the dog picks them up, also i have seen rabbits being hunted by Stoats that were squealing like mad before they were caught.

By the way Phil, nice looking animal, but why do some people think this picture is alright but a fox in a trap is not, to me they are exactly the same.

Brian

Look at the body language of the fox then look at the rabbit in Phil's photo, hell of a difference there.

TC

Brian

Look at the body language of the fox then look at the rabbit in Phil's photo, hell of a difference there.

TC

Aye TC, that rabbit looks like it's really enjoying the ride.....

Hold on a minute....surely waiting for the rabbit to be retrieved is putting it through undue stress, surely we should sprint to the dog as soon as it makes a catch to save the quarry the extra five stressful seconds of being in the dogs mouth. :hmm: :hmm:

p.s, TC, when you handle a live fox in your hands, most of the time they just sit there nice and calm. Just like the rabbit.

Edited by J Darcy
  • Like 1