Recommendation For A Budget Chainsaw

Try these cheap as chips 62cc 20" bar although i put a 16" on and it starts and works great 2 year warranty i used to work felling and always had Husky's and was very dubious about buying but its been a corker so far

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TIMBERPRO-62cc-Petrol-Chainsaw-20-Bar-2x-Saw-Chain-Alloy-Assisted-Start-/281345101253?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4181798dc5

Edited by paddybarr

bang on JD and the Husqvarna i was looking at was £700 i finished cutting the last of my wood needed for winter so at £79 it can go in the bin as it has paid its way - but its still going strong but if it packs up i will buy another so it might be "buy twice" :)

that's not always the case jd, fgor yer general bloke cutting abit of firewood you don't need an expensive husky or stihl, I got one of them above about 8yr ago and its cut some wood, also got a stihl and its no better than the cheapo really, obviously if you were using one eveer day for your job a husky or stihl would probs be a long term better bet, keep it sharp and lubed up

• Like 1

buy cheap, buy twice....

At £80 you could but 5-6-7 times. There is loads of cheap chainsaws about now. You could even go for a cheaper well know brand, something with a plastic body, if it doesn't get chucked around.

I use Shtil myself, you don't mind when you can claim for it.

I'm not after one to start a business, just cut a few logs. You wouldn't buy a £2000 stereo if you just wanted to listen to radio 2 while you eat your toast before going to work...it's horses for courses

• Like 1

I've got a Stilh(£220). No probs. My mate bought a cheapo from amazon, half the price. lasted a few months, now he's looking for another one. We all look at things differently. :victory:

Edited by J Darcy

worked in Dalby late 70's thinning on contract and i had a saw in my hand all day then its a different "kettle of fish" balance and weight and durability are a requirement but to be fair this timber pro has a 62cc engine and for firewood its on top of its work plus for £80.00 your guaranteed 2 years (warranty)

Edited by paddybarr
  • Like 1

Just had a look, they look cracking.. With a two year warranty. If it last that long and blows up I'd be happy.

Try these cheap as chips 62cc 20" bar although i put a 16" on and it starts and works great 2 year warranty i used to work felling and always had Husky's and was very dubious about buying but its been a corker so far

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TIMBERPRO-62cc-Petrol-Chainsaw-20-Bar-2x-Saw-Chain-Alloy-Assisted-Start-/281345101253?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4181798dc5

Budget chainsaw

Sthil 171. utter bargain, cause it will still be getting used in 20 yrs.

chalk and cheese its 38cc with a 14" bar and if you can by with it it probably will last 20 years good luck

Edited by paddybarr