He caught a young rabbit other day while just out on a walk we do quite a few miles each day and he runs about and always seems to have some energy to spare so thinking maybe let him have a run on the lamp this is my first lurcher so I am still learning too.

Hi all, just wondering who's got experience with deerhound cross lurchers. I have heard they can take longer than other lurchers too mature, mine is nine month old now seems keen as mustard but don't want to rush and ruin it.

welcome i run dh x's have done for 10 years they do take long to mature thats a known fact by the time next season comes around you should be fine for running the dog

In my opinion there only slow to start due to owners holding them back due to the myths of them taking a while to mature if the dogs out plenty there like any other lurcher, the more stuff they see at a young age the better. I've just took on a bitch that a mate bred it's not seen much and is nearly 3 and it's not upto much at all, picking and choosing runs etc. A had the fullbrother out a different litter an he was doing it from 10 month but he was sadly pts in January he would of been 6 last month

• Like 1