Bye Bye Hmr!

Sorry if I have missed it somewhere Ian, but will you stick with the .17hmr or go back to the .22 hornet and reload again....? Or something else?

I'll use both mate, the hornet is more versatile, but theres no way I'm reloading like crazy for the rabbits, its easier to just pick a box of ammo up if your shooting 100 rounds a night off.

.17 hornet Ian. Flatter shooing than .22 hornet and ready to go off the shelf. Only possible issue is ammo cost - 25 rounds cost around £23 or the same as 20 rounds of .223.

Rounds are too expensive mate, if I shot a 100 rabbits it would cost me £100 neigh on,not viable really, compared to £26 with the HMR..

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to say I'm with you here.   The HMR has it's issues, well the ammo does anyway, this is without doubt appalling and potentially dangerous, SO BE CAREFUL. It isn't Russian roulette as someone

That's horrendous, the outcome could have been much worse. someone is gong to get seriously injured with this ammo   Glad you're OK

Everyone knows that the HMR calibre was designed by the devil!   Stick with a pocket full of stones Cedric! Thinking about it ............. I would most probably would have hit more if I had used s

Posted Images

Thought it might help to suggest the .17 Hornet, as you had the .22, but if you're shooting large quantities of ammo, then yep you're stuck with rimfire which leaves LR, WMR and HMR (or the elusive WSM, although on the latter so far as I'm aware, it still hasn't been launched in the UK).

That said, WSM rifles are still rolling out. Ruger have just launched a 77/17 in .17WSM - it's the 77 chambered for .17 Hornet - altered to fit .17 WSM. Franklin Armoury, have also launched an AR15 in it (probably not of relevence to UK buyers but shows that it appears to be growing in the number of manufacturers supporting it).

Perhaps if CZ chamber a gun for it, we might finally get a rifle over here, although the Ruger offers some promise as at least Rugers are common in the UK, albeit it's not a cheap gun - RRP $1K in the US, reportedly expected to be around $750 on the shelves.