On My Doorstep...wind Turbine.

so basically its all about money then ? they are a bloody eyesore how can anyone who lives in & loves the countryside like them ? mans greed again im sorry to say , very sad

An eyesore to you maybe.

Bet you'd love free leccy if you could get a small turbine in your garden. That would be a different story then.

We were one of the very first areas in the UK to have them Lab,we were inundated with leaflets,local meet ups with energy suppliers all promising the community cheaper electricity lol..people went along with it and although there was plenty of opposition to them they were erected..not a penny off the leccy bill from day one,they just built more of the f***ing things..from my house I can see over a hundred.. I call em an eyesore buddy,I travelled up to the Isle of Skye a fortnight ago,I'm sure they get more wind up there than here yet I saw NONE whatsoever..some accept them and some won't ✊?

Of course it's all a matter of your own opinion mate....I happen to think they are just a modern twist on the countryside. Whether I believe we will benefit from them in the future is a whole other story, I leave that to the more intelligent folk.

I'm hoping to get one anyway...very near no one will see it, I shall save on bills and that will do me....??

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i detest the bloody things a total eyesore to see , they totally spoil any view ,pull the damn lot down soon as

A complete and utter waste of tax payers money. It's not sunny - no electric. It's not windy - no electric. What happens then ?? People still need power, so the power stations still need to be running

They should camo them so they blend in with the country side lol   there an eye sore   atvbmac :thumbs:

Posted Images

When the wind doesn't blow they don't work , when the wind is to strong they switch them of , and every one pays a green tax to make them viable ...I'm all for new ways to create energy but for the life of me I can't see this being the answer to our energy problems ..

• Like 2

We got one of the biggest tidal ranges in the world here on these islands, it comes in and goes out twice a day without fail. The tide is the future of green energy in this country, not these poxy wind turbines and solar parks that only work to their best potential when the weather is suitable. At least until they nail nuclear fusion..

i would rather look at hundreds of these than one nuclear plant, also i can remove a wind turbine totally in a few months a plant takes around one hundred years and zillions of my tax payers money

cant see why they dont concentrate on getting more based off shore rather than on land, we are an island so theres plenty of water for them to stand in

i would rather look at hundreds of these than one nuclear plant, also i can remove a wind turbine totally in a few months a plant takes around one hundred years and zillions of my tax payers money

cant see why they dont concentrate on getting more based off shore rather than on land, we are an island so theres plenty of water for them to stand in

cos it's not as profitable

A complete and utter waste of tax payers money. It's not sunny - no electric. It's not windy - no electric. What happens then ?? People still need power, so the power stations still need to be running. We can't just turn the power stations off. To keep the supply voltage at a acceptable level, the transformer at a sub-station changes the voltage automatically when extra demand is needed. If the sun goes in or the wind drops, the transformer changes the volts to compensate. The transformers are changing volts so often now because we can't rely on the sun or wind, their burning out. It's causing lots of problems. Even private homes with solar cells on the roof are causing supply voltage problems too.

We have just connected up a very large solar farm near us. 13Mw or something like that. We need to turn off a 33kv circuit that feeds into an large town near the solar farm for some maintenance. Great!! we'll turn off the circuit and run the town off the solar farm, right..........Wrong, It can't feed into the grid unless the electricity is on and feeding.

Wind and solar power have their place, but it's not the be all and end all.

• Like 3