Peoples Thoughts On What Cross

any lurcher that both parents do the job you ask simple as that

This is probably the best suggestion in my opinion but if I have to go down the "what cross road" I'm gonna say a coursing x lamping dog.

I have no idea what or why anybody would say deerhound or whippet or wheaten or bull. It just don't make sense to me.

Edit to say this and I hope nobody gets all offended or thinks that I am cocky or arrogant but I truly believe I could bring any dog on my yard over to where yall live and they would perform like the original poster asked and I literally have no clue whatsoever what is in my dogs.

Edited by Dan Edwards
  • Like 2

any lurcher that both parents do the job you ask simple as that

This is probably the best suggestion in my opinion but if I have to go down the "what cross road" I'm gonna say a coursing x lamping dog.

I have no idea what or why anybody would say deerhound or whippet or wheaten or bull. It just don't make sense to me.

Edit to say this and I hope nobody gets all offended or thinks that I am cocky or arrogant but I truly believe I could bring any dog on my yard over to where yall live and they would perform like the original poster asked and I literally have no clue whatsoever what is in my dogs.

i appreciate everyones point of view and i understand where you are coming from if the dog dose the job it dose the job end of but its nice to know how your dog is breed and that it has come off proven stoke just my opinion cheers kev.

That's just the point. My dogs are off of "proven stock". I just don't know what percentage of anything that's in them nor do I care. If I was you I would take some of the better advice and just get a pup out of dogs that do EXACTLY what you want to do.

• Like 5

I agree with dan also but thing is of your buying from people you don't know you can only go by there word if the parents are doing the job or not can't you let's face it Somone selling u a pup will tell u what u want to here regardless

So just be careful and Atleast have a rough idea on breeding u want

always breed of tested stock and seegeneraitions of breedin best way worked for me , as there no hidein places on some of th4e big arable feilds dogs have to run to cacth in winter not many gimmies or fence bouncers etc , any lurcher will not do , simple as , tried and tested stock proven lines , then the [BANNED TEXT] type of entering feeding knowledge

Thanks for the input lads,sometimes the problem can be finding the breeder to trust I have told him to stay away from anything that isn't out of proven working parents but like Carlton chase said some of these guys will just tell you the parents have done everything to cover all the bassis if you know what I mean and there is no way of knowing exactly what the sire and dam have done without going out with them and seeing with your own eyes and that ant going to happen.i used to run dogs my self many years ago I.e bull crosses and minshaw but I havnt run dogs for some time now so I am out of contact with many of the lads I used to go out with hence the original question I must admit some of the dogs people are putting in the mix Now took me back a bit but everyone to there own I surpose.

Cheers kev.

as there no hidein places on some of th4e big arable feilds dogs have to run to cacth in winter not many gimmies or fence bouncers etc

This is the exact reason why I have preached and preached to folks over yalls way to use the coursing dogs as your "greyhound" blood. Catching them hares out in the wide open should show you all you need to know about a dogs speed and whether or not he or she runs to catch. No need for any of yall to ever use greyhound, deerhound, sazuki or any of that ever again for hunting dogs. Its just not necessary and actually rather foolish in my opinion.

• Like 2