Bushing To Cattys?

RussBoy

Maybe you should give it a go Neems, adds a new dimension to bushing just rabbits on a slow day.

100_0724.jpg

SDC10447.jpg

Pheasants are daytime, i don't roost shoot.

im convinced,ill get a couple hundred bbs or marbles and have a practice this weekend.

just out of curiosity do the squireels all go to the dogs or do you eat them as well?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe you should give it a go Neems, adds a new dimension to bushing just rabbits on a slow day.       Pheasants are daytime, i don't roost shoot.

I'd like a go at it but the russell I use to Bush you can shoot a shotgun over but get a catie out and he runs for the motor I think he has been watching me practice lol

I'd love to give this a go but my skill with a catty would need to improve fairly dramatically - most stuff you'd get a shot at would be moving at speed I would imagine. Only exception is likely to be

The squirrels go to mates who keep hawks mostly, no lead shot or pellets in them so safe for the birds, iv'e eaten a few, its not bad at all, the tails go for fly tying, so nothing gets wasted. I use lead balls, about 12mm, better stability than the light bearings, and they don't deflect so easy.

• Like 1

You should try for head shots on all game mate,but head shots on pheasants aren't always 100%, the head being on that long neck don't help, you can sometimes hit one and the head moves with the impact and takes the shock out of the hit, seen it loads of times, a hit in the neck usually gets the job done, its not as hard as it sounds with some practice. The birds i shoot are strays, ill take rabbits anywhere, but not birds, hardly fair is it if the fellas done nothing to you.

Just to be nosy truther,don't suppose you have any pics/video of an outing with your dog on the squirrel as it sounds like an interesting method,I know people whose dogs have caught squirrel but that's by bringing them up on a walk through woodland,more luck than judgement,actually actively hunting them,that must be fairly unusual?

Iv'e not got any vid of her on squirrels mate, its not that easy to get a good vid of her, its all 90mph, except the marking, she's a bit obsessed with them, drives me nuts when there's loads about to be honest, ill have a go and see if i can get something worth posting?

Iv'e not got any vid of her on squirrels mate, its not that easy to get a good vid of her, its all 90mph, except the marking, she's a bit obsessed with them, drives me nuts when there's loads about to be honest, ill have a go and see if i can get something worth posting?

Would love to see that as well, Truther. But I know how hard it can be filming action shots...

My spaniel lurcher is nuts for squirrels. She's retrieved quite a few alive, but she now tends to nip n fling it then nip n fling it again......but by christ they don't half bite. I love watching her working the air for scent.......she loves it.