Rayon Butchers String For Purse Nets

Last lot of stuff i bought from a guy packing in has three spools of that included but ive no started knitting with it yet , Its advertised on ebay at £5.50 a spool a fair bit cheaper than spun , hemp etc

i bought a dozen off the guy i got my ferrets from.

they are a tad heavier than spun so sit down better in the wind and they catch just as well too.

just make sure you hang them to dry so as not to weaken them over time and they should last fairly well.

I got around to knitting some nets today with rayon and as said its a bit heavier than spun it handles and knits well i cant see it rotting its like its coated in a protective covering

I went back to hemp today and its turning but i will get there no such problems with the Rayon

• 3 years later...
On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2015 at 06:54, trenchfoot said:

we used butchers string to make draw strings for purse nets. The nets were old brussels sprout sacks. they worked, kind of, but it was a LONG time ago!

We used onion bags and hay bale string as kids, and they were almost useless lol