Acd X Grew

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last of the Summer Wine Ferreting Team haha

How refreshing to hear lads still willing to try, a walk on the wild side..... I had a decade of great sport, good times and loyalty from my Cattle Dog lurchers.   Wish that I could 'do it all' ag

Posted Images

Looks like a Mally x . Smart little thing was that your first acd x Wr atb Flacko

No mate I have had ACD crosses for over 20 years, mainly first cross with Greyhound, she is the first Grew cross, I got her when I decided to pack in lamping, just wanted a little dog for ferreting and bushing, last of the line as well, just got a whippet pup, the ACD bitch in 7 now and the whippet is just for ratching about with, into my 60's now so nowt serious just want to be out everyday doing a bit of bushing and ratching. thanks for liking.

• Like 5

I know I've said it before but...although I no longer own lurchers yours is one of the few that occasionally tempts me back every time I see her. :thumbs:

Another comment I've made before but...although I have kelpies because they were imported to the UK because of their working ability whereas most ACDs were imported because they look like ACDs; it doesn't seem to effect their ability to produce quality lurchers. That's supposed to be a compliment to ACDs though it sounded a bit cack-handed! :icon_redface:

• Like 4

I know I've said it before but...although I no longer own lurchers yours is one of the few that occasionally tempts me back every time I see her. :thumbs:

Another comment I've made before but...although I have kelpies because they were imported to the UK because of their working ability whereas most ACDs were imported because they look like ACDs; it doesn't seem to effect their ability to produce quality lurchers. That's supposed to be a compliment to ACDs though it sounded a bit cack-handed! :icon_redface:

Thanks Neal, and your right they do produce good lurchers, until I got this little bitch for the last few years I always had ACD first cross greyhound, all good workers but this little bitch has been the special one, her prey drive, scenting and ability to catch considering her lack of top end speed is great, still going strong at 7 but sadly probs my last dally with ACD,

Thanks Neal, and your right they do produce good lurchers, until I got this little bitch for the last few years I always had ACD first cross greyhound, all good workers but this little bitch has been the special one, her prey drive, scenting and ability to catch considering her lack of top end speed is great, still going strong at 7 but sadly probs my last dally with ACD,

Are there any working ACD's in the UK and anyone breeding lurchers from them? I love the look of your dog.