• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Robin in my barn workshop  

lapwings nest I found this evening

Posted Images

look like some type of warbler sedge warbler /garden warbler [ bottom one] top one looks like a meadow pipit [ive just found one and very similar] are these in uk ?

Edited by ftm

Yeah in the UK ftm..in Scotland buddy,I thought top one was a Meadow Pipit,both were very similar nests and almost identical in their whereabouts in the sedge grass with an overhang of heather that's why I asked were they the same?

Meadow pipits the both of them IMO....

Cheers bud,quite a difference in the eggs or is that to do with what they've been eating or something else?

Yes, eggs do vary. They vary quite a bit actually. But I could also be wrong and they might not both me MP. But if i had to bet I'd say they was.

Edited by J Darcy
  • Like 1

They were pretty much identical nests JD and both birds that lifted from the nests were similar or at least acted the same when rising? All the other Meadow Pipits I've found over the years are mainly like the top one but I have came across plenty like the others too so I'm assuming like you guys its just a variation of some description?

• Like 1

One dead give away, when the bird lifts look at it's tail. There will be a white line (of feathers) on each side of the tail.

That's what they had!! so what are they then?

One dead give away, when the bird lifts look at it's tail. There will be a white line (of feathers) on each side of the tail.

That's what they had!! so what are they then?

MP's. :victory: But that's just MHO, based on location, nest and eggs. :thumbs:

• Like 1