Harrishawk

herbit

hello just wondering if any 1 can help me ive got a new harrishawk its my first bird an am abit worried about him he seems to be not eating as much as when i first got him could it be that he is at a top wait or that the weathers geting warmer

How much was he eating, and how much is he eating now? Is he down for moult? Is his keel sharp? What's his hunting weight? What's his weight now?If honest with you mate, it's a bit difficult for anybody to answer your question on the Internet without seeing the bird and knowing the birds history, if your worried about his health, then a good vet is your best option.

• Like 2

he was eating 3 chicks a day now hes taking 2 days two eat them ye his keel is sharp an its down for moult i dont no his fly weight not had him to long but hes last years bird an had a bit of a bad life to begin my mate found him in a tree nearly dead he had to hand feed the bird for the first few days chopping chicks up to little bits he could not stand up at first but he improved a lot over the last few months only last week an half he bin goin of is food that wat makes me think about the weather warming up

it will be a challenge at the begin of the season when trying to start him of ave got a terrier wats in pup to so i was hoping to start the bird over the young pups sounds like a good plan but nothin ever works out the way u want does it but ave got a good mentor

How much was he eating, and how much is he eating now? Is he down for moult? Is his keel sharp? What's his hunting weight? What's his weight now?If honest with you mate, it's a bit difficult for anybody to answer your question on the Internet without seeing the bird and knowing the birds history, if your worried about his health, then a good vet is your best option.

AS above mate. If in doubt seek out someone who knows about them.

A good avian vet is what you are after as normal cat and dog vets don't really know a lot about hawks.

Or better still get someone who is experienced with BOPs.

All the best