Second Hand Bsa Ultra Se

Hi all,

so i bought this second hand at a steel, as was after the scorpion but at 350 I couldn't resist.

It came with a bag and a Nikko Stirling Mount-master so i was very happy, now here is the only down side the barrel has some pitting on it and the sling loop has some surface rust ans so does the trigger guard.

The gun fires well, very well in fact, so I know it works I'm just after some tips on cleaning the rust off and is worth getting the gun serviced?

cheers Foz

If it's just superficial mate, I wouldn't worry to much, I know it's hard to think in this mind set being as its your new thing. If it shoots well, accurate and the bolt and trigger are in good working order, it's all good, 350 beans is a steel.

It's just a case of finding the right product to get rid of that bit of rust...

Again, if it's shooting well, and the BSA lot generally do and the ones I've had in the past, are like tanks, so simple there's hardly anything to go wrong. Give it a good clean everywhere you can and it'll do the job you ask of it, any. I'm guessing it's a field rifle, so it'll be in its element.

• Like 1

A bit of tin foil and gun oil or spray , will do the pitting and you can buy a new trigger guard from http://www.airgunspares.com/store/product/6804/BSA-R-10-Trigger-Guard-Part-No.-16-7437/

If you get in contact with XTX air ( Darrin) http://xtxair.com/ he might be able help you ,Darrin might have all the bits you need :thumbs:

Edited by villaman
  • Like 1

Just some foil and gun oil. Clean it every time you use it. I like cleaning guns because I am a military trained robot. To me rust on a rifle is a sign of a lazy owner.

And yes, I have got some really old stuff with no rust on any of

them. Good buy and enjoy it, a cracking little rifle.

Edited by John Stott
  • Like 1