Nicest Lurcher On Thl?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of our mongrels Fenn 🐾

A proper all rounder, fur or feather,  he walks the beating line,  retrieves to a gun and he'll mark to ground.  If I could put my wishlist together I wouldn't of got any closer to this dog......

4 year old collie bull greyhound 

Posted Images

20161218_122222_zpsw1md1zbl.jpg

20161218_122132_zpsiaufrejj.jpg

In my opinion,...that is the worst terrain.....

I've lost some good dogs,... working in such a place.... :yes:

Everyone goes on about gears meaning having a bit of accelaration in reserve. In that type of place they need to be able to remain calm and take it handy. Even then they may impale themselves or trap a foot and break a leg.

• Like 2

20161218_122222_zpsw1md1zbl.jpg

20161218_122132_zpsiaufrejj.jpg

In my opinion,...that is the worst terrain.....

I've lost some good dogs,... working in such a place.... :yes:

Everyone goes on about gears meaning having a bit of accelaration in reserve. In that type of place they need to be able to remain calm and take it handy. Even then they may impale themselves or trap a foot and break a leg.

Yes but you need a dog with a good head and know's when to use the gears comes with experience for the dog not just used to working in type of terrain the more different ground the dog runs on the better they will be able to adapt.

you can't adapt to that sort of terrain,it's just a fecking nightmare.if it don't kill your dog the vets will bankrupt you before long.just my experience.better have a short coated dog,i used to find massive scabs on my deerhound x a couple of days after running in that stuff but you just can't see them,then when you see the size of the scab you don't know how you never.