Hi All, I am after recommendations for binoculars with range finder facility, I dont wish to spend a fortune just something to get me by until I can afford much better.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Gary.

I would invest in a good range finder if I was in your position. I have a Leica Rangemaster CRF 1000-R and the optics are superb. It easily doubles as a good viewing monocular when I forget (or can't be bothered) to take my binos.

• 1 month later...

Hello Gary, just replying to your particular post regarding the Binoculars. Leaving the Range finder Binoculars out of the equation it is always best to buy what you can obviously afford. Go for the best glass there is. The 3 major players have always been Zeiss, Swarovski and Leica no matter what some people will tell you. However, nowadays you do have more choices to choose from and there is a wide range for various budgets. Take into consideration as to the regards of what you will be needing them for, like Bird watching, Hunting or just general observations. Steiner a German company are superb in their construction and quality glass are concerned and can be obtained at an affordable price; but at the higher end Binoculars you can expect to pay an high price. Vortex, I think are an American company which also produce very good satisfactory Optics and their guarantee are legendary. The Japanese produce Opticron which are also good. For myself I have a pair of Swarovski 10x42 EL a pair of Leica 8x32BN, superb glasses and a compact 10 x 25 Leica's which are all superb Binoculars. I would be interested to hear in the nearby future of your purchasing experience.

Good Luck! Lutra Lutra...

• Like 1