Ferreting Vest/waistcoat/ Net Carrier

But your comparing your own preferences to torchie's and using that to crab on his way of working....what you have to bear in mind is torchie doesn't have 2 dogs, he relies on nets and so come up with a system that suits his needs...

He is much older than both of us and carrying any excessive weight can be a chore ( as you know ).

If you prefer bags then that's fine but your calling something you've never tried,......

Torchie is a good ferreter , and if your still working the dales in another 25 years I'm sure you would be a little more understanding of the need to find something that "works for you"....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have something similar but mine is black patent leather...

I've just received this photo from torchie so I thought I'd add it to the post.

Torchie makes and sells harnesses like the one he's seen wearing.... He's currently working on a new batch that will be available over the summer.

Posted Images

Guest vin

I'm not dissing Torchie and his methods...the guy is a legend in my book.

Sorry if it come over that way chaps.

I'm just saying that traveling light is the only way forward that everyone ends up at eventually,after you have tried all the other methods. .

we were carrying long nets and baskets up the hills a few years ago and half killing ourselves with the weight of all the gear and the bunnies on top.

I like the look of them Trousers on that pic Heritage ? now they could be of a lot more use to me than a leather pouch..lol. tell us more please.

Those over trousers are the sealand ones, I bought them as an alternative to the heavy Barbour wax ones.....

They have a thin lining so there not too warm and the best I can say as yet is that there showerproof.... I don't generally wear over trousers when walking a lot but on this particular day I put them in my bag as heavy rain was forecast .

Cheers heritage..are they the sealand Creef ? .... are you saying they are a bit flimsy and would not stand up to the brambles and hawthorns ?

Are they waterproof enough for heavy lamping in hard rain ? I have yet to find any waterproof/windproof/breathable hard wearing gear that can last a full season...tried most so far and none have succeeded.. Barbour is still better than most.

anyways..sorry to go off subject.. i,ll start a new topic.

Just received my new ferreting waist coat, thank you heritage for passing my details on to Torchie.

What a handy well made piece of kit, you can just tell this is a real handy piece of kit which is well thought out by some who ferrets all the time, just by the way the net bags on the waist coat are set back a bit, hard to explain but say if you were netting up a steep bank or rough uneven terrain like i do. The net bags the way they are set up will come level and forward , making it easy to put your nets in and out.No more piles of nets every were straight in straight out when needed or even unclip one pouch or both if you want. In my book this makes the harness one handy piece of kit. And a real comfy fit, Torchie is a real gent to deal with you won't go far wrong with his stuff, I think these will become more and more popular.

Once again thank you Torchie

Altb

• Like 2

I use a game bag mostly but I do have a harness for when the terrain / situation allows.

I didn't buy my harness off torchie but I did use his design as a template to get my own made, I tweaked the design a little & added a knife pouch..... I couldn't be happier with it,.

I think they are fantastic pieces of kit and I do believe they will become popular but as I said before, I think there use boils down to personal preference.

post-37482-0-40391200-1431774156_thumb.jpg

Received mine on Friday. Well made, Great customised fit off the measurements that were gave to him, Doesn't get in the way either while moving around.

Well happy now role on September.

Genuinely a top bloke and easy to deal with.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...