Decent Day To Be Out With The Pup

Decent day to be out with the pup, so took him out in the daytime for a change around other people, dogs etc. He 7 1/2 months old now and 26" tts. He took 2 rabbits on the lamp 2 weeks ago, so looking forward to next season with him.

20150408_143152-1%201_zpsc83ec8ac.jpg

Keeping his eye on the little fella

20150408_143122_zpsdngoy9te.jpg

PicsArt_1428520921077_zpsdr8am3fr.jpg

PicsArt_1428520004359_zpsci0xb1k7.jpg

jimbo1_zpsoeemqdez.jpg

• Like 2

Don't know how much taller he will get? He was hard work to get his food down him months back. Lot of wasted food went into the bin,. Now he loves his food, so anyone having the same problem worrying about their pups diet, they will settle down.

Still have to be around him when he eats,. If I walk away he will aswell. Does better off the beef than chicken.

He is a bit of a lump lol. Had his 1st rabbit in a penned field after bouncing off a fence and had his 2nd 2 days later in a big open field, both on the lamp. Few teething problems but these will hopefully be ironed out soon enough.

I got a pup same age and spit of yours he's 26tts I've fed him up to 4lbs of meat as he was growing all bought fresh from supermarket I found if your pup ain't keen on a certain food mix in some tripe you can get it frozen at pets at home mix it in and he will wolf it down did this when my pup wasn't keen on defrosted frozen mincemeat,you're pups a cracker i reckon he will end up somewhere between 27 29 hoping mine makes about 28,bet you can't wait for September to get on the stubbles I can't wait ,pup showing promise hopefully put some gear to bed next season atb bud his matt

Edited by matt32
  • Like 1

I got a pup same age and spit of yours he's 26tts I've fed him up to 4lbs of meat as he was growing all bought fresh from supermarket I found if your pup ain't keen on a certain food mix in some tripe you can get it frozen at pets at home mix it in and he will wolf it down did this when my pup wasn't keen on defrosted frozen mincemeat,you're pups a cracker i reckon he will end up somewhere between 27 29 hoping mine makes about 28,bet you can't wait for September to get on the stubbles I can't wait ,pup showing promise hopefully put some gear to bed next season atb bud his matt

Thanks mate. Mine is still fussy meaning he will not entertain tripe, kidney or liver. Ate liver when younger but not now.

You got any pics on here of your dog that looks like him Matt?

He doesn't look like he got that much knuckle left to me but I am no expert on the matter.

Yes matt he is showing promise. A lot of lads on here probably wouldn't run/test him on any rabbits at his age but everything was in his favour for the 1 st one he caught. The 2nd one I never even seen, he was pulling on the slip, so slipped him then turned lamp on and off he went. Good thing about it, I could see every twist and turn, brilliant to see. That was on a big field with very short grass. He dropped it on 1st strike before making ammends.

He is funny in the long grass bouncing around mooching for quarry and looking like bambi. Great workout for him to. He is quite nimble on his feet for a big pup.

Edited by flipbull

Not got any pics that I can upload on here but will pm u maybe able show u a couple of pics. Have lookd again at pics of [BANNED TEXT] dog again but and like you say there don't seem to be much knuckle left but I'm not an expert either this is only my second bullx .I've been sorely tempted to take mine out on lamp for a couple of runs as he seems well up for it but decided to wait as I was over keen with previous dog ,what% is you're lad mines 7\16 9\16 and like yours is quite agile for his size my last bull was more greyhound 11/16 5/16 but I decided I wanted a bit more bull this time end my last dog was a good honest worker that learnt me a lot be happy if the pup is half as good as him cheers matt

Edited by matt32
  • Like 1

Not got any pics that I can upload on here but will pm u maybe able show u a couple of pics. Have lookd again at pics of [bANNED TEXT] dog again but and like you say there don't seem to be much knuckle left but I'm not an expert either this is only my second bullx .I've been sorely tempted to take mine out on lamp for a couple of runs as he seems well up for it but decided to wait as I was over keen with previous dog ,what% is you're lad mines 7\16 9\16 and like yours is quite agile for his size my last bull was more greyhound 11/16 5/16 but I decided I wanted a bit more bull this time end my last dog was a good honest worker that learnt me a lot be happy if the pup is half as good as him cheers matt

Yes Matt pm me a pic of yours mate. He is 3/8 5/8. He is my first working dog. I have had Bull breeds for years then no dog for 4 years. Went out with a mate and then the cogs started to turn. 6 months later I got him.

• Like 1

He might be you're first but I bet once you start working him full time he won't be you're last!will pm u bout pics when I'm back home.have a look in my gallery for pics of my old tyke dogvas a pup he only made 25tts but he really got me hooked on the bullx

Edited by matt32