Registered   

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Registered?

• I am
    • Im not
    • You dont need to be so not bothered
    • I might get round to it one day.

after 79 views i was hoping a few more would comment before i gave the reply,

http://www.food.gov.uk/sites/default/files/multimedia/pdfs/guidance/wild-game-guide.pdf

page 8 gives a graph that says many sections 1 is if you shoot for your own consumption you dont need to be. 2, if you supply to the final consumer etc.

its section 3 that get to those who shoot and sell to game dealers it says and i copy>
3. If as a hunter, you shoot alone, as part of a shooting party or arrange shoots with/for others and supply in-fur/in-feather game to an AGHE. - You are required to register as a food business with your Local Authority and comply with the general hygiene requirements for primary producers. This includes any vehicle you use when supplying an AGHE and your game larder, if you use it to store game before it goes to an AGHE as well as the specific provisions of Regulation 853/2004 that apply to the initial handling of wild game intended for subsequent supply to an AGHE.

now to take this further i have been on to my LA and they are sending me the forms and info, for those who comply with rules its free but it will mean you registering and expecting a visit of your premises etc there is a section about what you have to have and what they look for in an inspection and i will add this at a later date.

This all changed in June 2014, I called BASC and asked them they were not aware of this and had to check and called me back and confirmed i do have to be registered.

Edited by Philluk

I am registered as a food business operative.FBO its a condition with Food standard Agency and is current legislation that if you are placing venison carcasses into a game dealer (I.E) food chain you have to be registered as a FBO with your local Authority under EEC regulations.