R.i.p "indie"

Sad news WM have you still got the Sid pup haven't seen anything about him of late atb matt

The simple answer to that one is NO, he was never going to match up to my old bitch I still have here,this is the problem once you,ve only ever kept fast running dogs, SID had thrown to the grandma which was saluki based and very one paced, my bitch is over 6 now but has blistering pace and stamina to spare,never carries a knock and has not had a day in sick bay in all that time even being worked everyday and on all kinds of both quarry and terrain,I am going to breed a litter out of her and my son along with a few of my near friends will get a pup,never seen her beat by anything, my only problem is finding a stud dog that's been worked as hard with the same durability, I hope your dads keeping well matt and I will probably see you at a show soon, WM

Sorry he didn't work out for you, suppose that's the game an always hard when your comparing atb

• Like 1

I am pleased to say the lad is back to his best and decided to have a look at the pups I'd been offered, the litter we decided on are 3 weeks old now and 8 out of the 11 were already gone, after looking at them he has decided on a nice black rough coated deerhound cross, both parents work and are known to me so he is in with a better chance than the last one, bitch is 27"TTS and dog 31"TTS line bred Deerhound/greyhound, there were plenty about like this when I started off in 1971 and contrary to what some think will still take rabbits with ease, looking forward to seeing this grow up hopefully with better luck, WM

• Like 2