Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jake824 said:

She s about 10 mnths old .. Don t remember the lads name to be honest. 

No problem mate I just know a few lads with whippets in the area you got her from but I’ve not seen them for a couple of years, atb with her for this season ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jake824 said:

Thanks Trev. It’s not something I d normally take out but my lad thinks the world of her and she keeps surprising me for her size. 

They help the slow dogs on nights out 

562166BC-4FD4-4DA5-8A2D-7D21BBD12424.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Think he knew the real price was 2,500   3,000 was way over the top for a blue lol 

Last year on a facebook forum they was talking about how good these nighthunter whippets were , I said I've never seen them catch a rabbit with out a net around it on youtube , all I got back was you can see them catch plenty when the DVD comes out so I said so I've got to pay to see them catch a rabbit , I still owned Betty at the time so I said I'll show you my whippet run the you show me yours, they kicked me off the forum after that and there's still no DVD out LOL.

Edited by Trev70
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I've never understood the reasoning of charging more for certain colours, or even when it started? But why blue, especially the ridiculous difference in the price of blue staffs to say brindle, red etc? And I have to say, personally, I find it a horrid colour in staffs

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Trev70 said:

Last year on a facebook forum they was talking about how good these nighthunter whippets were , I said I've never seen them catch a rabbit with out a net around it on youtube , all I got back was you can see them catch plenty when the DVD comes out so I said so I've got to pay to see them catch a rabbit , I still owned Betty at the time so I said I'll show you my whippet run the you show me yours, they kicked me off the forum after that and there's still no DVD out LOL.

Lol trev some dont mind running there dogs with an audience so all can seec but many who breed for the extra dollar. Ooooh noooo  ??? 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1