Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

1 hour ago, billhardy said:

Green lurchers don't get I n ta thinking that these non peds are burned at a few hundred yards ghT would be an inexperienced opinion lots of them have both speed plus stamina I have had and seen them blow peds away and run has many has five long ears and a ome run big lots of coneys. Of course immediate Greg yhound putxes may lose stamina but whe.  Red back in a few he. Erstions one gets nbackk the super speedster with plenty running I n em. Atb bill

IMG_20190627_050451.jpg

X bred twenty inch twenty six pound atb bill

• Like 2

So, bill youre calling green lurchers inexperienced when he's obviously had plenty judging by his posts and pics? 

And you're quoting yourself again ?

One thing I will say since getting one, the humble whippet is very under rated by a lot of lurcher men.

• Like 5
45 minutes ago, stormyboy said:

So, bill youre calling green lurchers inexperienced when he's obviously had plenty judging by his posts and pics? 

One thing I will say since getting one, the humble whippet is very under rated by a lot of lurcher men.

Think bill was just responding to the fact that “green lurcher” was saying racing dogs can only run for 150-240 yards, which is an inexperienced thing to say. The dogs run that distance because that’s the length of the race ? if they had to keep running it be pointless. Think everyone knows a good dogs always in the breeding, can’t make a silk purse outa sows ear! I have pure bred racing dog and it would run all day if a let it, very naive of someone to think it couldn’t just cause it’s a racer! 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Allan22 said:

Think bill was just responding to the fact that “green lurcher” was saying racing dogs can only run for 150-240 yards, which is an inexperienced thing to say. The dogs run that distance because that’s the length of the race ? if they had to keep running it be pointless. Think everyone knows a good dogs always in the breeding, can’t make a silk purse outa sows ear! I have pure bred racing dog and it would run all day if a let it, very naive of someone to think it couldn’t just cause it’s a racer! 

Let’s clear this as it’s a  v good long running thread , in my post “not just “ dosnt imply a racer can’t   , last bitch  I owned full race bred dog before half race bred next whippet I get will be race bred most ofwhippets I see run half high dose of race blood guess  that sums itvup and bill is far more expierenced in Whippets than Iso let’s put to sleep this theory on racing  atb will add if it ain’t got the speed to get on terms nothing happens dog on left owned by a good mate with full race ped bred by another mate with yard with racers 

61305EFB-1FB1-4945-8C1B-71228C3CE1BE.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers
37 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Mostly race blood the white bitch owned by good friend of mine leading up was a dominant runner with speed and stamina to burn best ive seen 

7446CE83-A53C-4FDE-9A1D-2F4D2A3A8373.jpeg

You want the non peds really if your serious about this kind of thing

Hee heee

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, stormyboy said:

Get it right he had no experience with no. Ped racing whippets fact he a pure keeper of whippets so get your facts right atb bill

Just now, billhardy said:

Get it right he had no experience with no. Ped racing whippets fact he a pure keeper of whippets so get your facts right atb bill

I have owned five peds seen plenty only one worth keeping that was fa sure he was only a lamp dog I k ow my whippets also all varieties of em tons a experience so go feck ya self atb bill

Just now, billhardy said:

I have owned five peds seen plenty only one worth keeping that was fa sure he was only a lamp dog I k ow my whippets also all varieties of em tons a experience so go feck ya self atb bill

Ya know what happened to the others ten pen e lead  no room fa shite atb bill