Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

9 minutes ago, two crows said:

my little bitch peggy as posted befor was half whippet half coursing dog 22" she could strike the whippet pose and had bottomless stamina, good engine room, I often wondered how a litter from her back to a whippet would of turned out.

DSCF7940.JPG

Any of her or her sibling's blood enter into the coursing dogs around at that time t c?

• Like 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Back in the day of string racing heats xs heats smi finals and sweepstakes some days a good in could have five races in a afternoon stamina counts then if yas got a good un .its okay running them but winning them races one needs speed and stamina .atb bill

that little bugger was as fast as fk, I recon whippets have more wind than a grey all day long.

• Like 7
10 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Any of her or her sibling's blood enter into the coursing dogs around at that time t c?

not hers she never had a season but her mam and sister had several litters and pups went all over the midlands and beyond as far as kent and Scotland so I would say without doubt they are in at the beginning of what we have now. just to add I have a picture of em but blacky wont let me post it anymore.

Edited by two crows
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, two crows said:

not hers she never had a season but her mam and sister had several litters and pups went all over the midlands and beyond as far as kent and Scotland so I would say without doubt they are in at the beginning of what we have now.

And the same applies ta that male we had he went ta saluki xs greyhounds deerhound greyhound xs saluki lurchers w and a greyhound and a non ped whippet he covered a few  of varieties  atb bill

• Like 1