Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

4 minutes ago, Trev70 said:

My next gen a few hour old , one or two of these will be up the dales by the end of the season with mum and me ?

54856A40-F896-4063-A09B-86B436629764.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Trev70 said:

My next gen a few hour old , one or two of these will be up the dales by the end of the season with mum and me ?

54856A40-F896-4063-A09B-86B436629764.jpeg

Nice trev atb of luck with them she seems well settled atb bill

• Like 2

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, mud said:

Is there any coursing whippet breeders still about,what type of money would you be paying for a coursing whippet pup out of proven dogs ??

Mud if yas looking fa a whippet ask trev if he any available they course and catch what's legal to hunt these days coneys and o it very well , atb bill

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Trev70 said:

Cheers bill all are doing good to say I've not long got them out of the vets after a C section.

9 minutes ago, Trev70 said:

Cheers bill all are doing good to say I've not long got them out of the vets after a C section.

10 minutes ago, Trev70 said:

How many trev looks ta be seven dogs ta bitchesc hey look well and thriving most important thing atb bill

21 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Don't forget eAsy keep let's but thys can still teach em what thy likes with the right welp ,but I know what yas driving at, and a f1 ped whippet grey a fine hound  speed aplenty reasonable stamina do I need ta say any more and a plus some f1 ones no bigger than the modern working whippet lol.atb bill

Yep, the kc sire to my lads kc bitch is 22 3/4" tall, and has had a very good working career. Him over a good size greyhound bitch would be the possibility of some top class pups

4 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Mud if yas looking fa a whippet ask trev if he any available they course and catch what's legal to hunt these days coneys and o it very well , atb bill

Thanks bill,it will be more than likely next season I’ll be looking on getting a whippet,but I’m just testing the waters to see what’s about an who’s got what,trevs look spot on,if i were after one abit sooner I’d deffo give trev a shout there a credit to him.??

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Yep, the kc sire to my lads kc bitch is 22 3/4" tall, and has had a very good working career. Him over a good size greyhound bitch would be the possibility of some top class pups

What size bitch he throw from a pure whippet,atb bill

9 minutes ago, mud said:

Thanks bill,it will be more than likely next season I’ll be looking on getting a whippet,but I’m just testing the waters to see what’s about an who’s got what,trevs look spot on,if i were after one abit sooner I’d deffo give trev a shout there a credit to him.??

It's difficult at times but yas can bet yas bottom dollar when yas looking a litter with has much thought and work ethics put in ha these  one Cana find any. It's usually that way. Atb bill

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, billhardy said:

How many trev looks ta be seven dogs ta bitchesc hey look well and thriving most important thing atb bill

8 pups bill but I'll sex the tomorrow like you said I've seen one bitch and mum is ok so I'm happy, this is her second and last litter, atb.

• Like 2

Nice looking pups Trev all the best with them they will make some cracking little workers in the right hands am using the same stud over my bitch when she comes back into season at the end of the year hope I get a good strong litter just as you have

• Like 1
7 hours ago, billhardy said:

Don't forget eAsy keep let's but thys can still teach em what thy likes with the right welp ,but I know what yas driving at, and a f1 ped whippet grey a fine hound  speed aplenty reasonable stamina do I need ta say any more and a plus some f1 ones no bigger than the modern working whippet lol.atb bill

your right as usual but i cant help thinking swap greyhound for coursing dog still fast more durable better stamina (i think whippets stay better than greyhounds any way) better recovery and the sence to use gears and not go headlong. that's my mother with some of my dogs over 40 years ago they all had some whippet in but the little red bitch was over half and incredibly fast and a long career to. 

035.JPG

• Like 1

Two crows  seems like yas got a sensory vision friend a mine just done that working whippet ta a old coursing bred bitch she a small type he a good twenty two ,hopefully she took Nashe a chocolate bitch bred from old don southerd lines he a solid black dual purpose whippet beats marks catches his handler uses him fa all sorts shooting ferreting lamping the lot atb bill

• Like 1
1 hour ago, two crows said:

your right as usual but i cant help thinking swap greyhound for coursing dog still fast more durable better stamina (i think whippets stay better than greyhounds any way) better recovery and the sence to use gears and not go headlong. that's my mother with some of my dogs over 40 years ago they all had some whippet in but the little red bitch was over half and incredibly fast and a long career to. 

035.JPG

I have ta say two crows those jukels of thyne  are no different what they were round these here parts back then and there's still a few here some fella just kept them close  bred some would say two close but they take an out xs well and produce good fast durable field  types runners.. that non ped type whippet in em lightens the frame work up perfect .atb bill