Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

1 hour ago, talt said:

Hi Trev, i don't know much about her, i got her off a chap who was going to shoot her because his lad wasn't looking after her and she was in poor condition when we got her. Don't know if that made any difference to her skin and coat but it was very thin and tore easily. Couldn't fault her speed  and tenacity and never suffered with her feet. Once while chasing a rabbit she went flat out into a tree and i feared the worst but she came back a bit groggy and within ten minutes she wanted to go again.

Good on you mate for taking her on I only asked because the only one's I've had problems with the fin skin have been none ped  whippets, atb.

• Like 2

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

this little bitch was 22" and coursing dog cross whippet I bred these in about 73 off a dog from maltby in Yorkshire called  A1 she was a whippet in every respect lightening fast but she could drop down a gear and kill hares like her mother on large or small fields, and I used to lamp some paddocks by the road when she was an old bitch, she would nip out and come back with the rabbit and jump straight back in the car, I would of had a pup from her but she never came in season all her life.

039.JPG

• Like 8
5 minutes ago, two crows said:

this little bitch was 22" and coursing dog cross whippet I bred these in about 73 off a dog from maltby in Yorkshire called  A1 she was a whippet in every respect lightening fast but she could drop down a gear and kill hares like her mother on large or small fields, and I used to lamp some paddocks by the road when she was an old bitch, she would nip out and come back with the rabbit and jump straight back in the car, I would of had a pup from her but she never came in season all her life.

039.JPG

Sound I like them kind of things 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, two crows said:

039.JPG

Nice little bitch ?

16 hours ago, Trev70 said:

10B5016F-5ECA-4E9F-98E8-EBBB22474942.jpeg

0F90F7F0-2927-4EAC-9116-401E0EFA2C67.jpeg

B72DEFC8-1E60-4DD0-875D-17B7A5A62378.jpeg

That were a great day out with the dogs full of surprises hope to get her back not holding me breath ? put her in the stick she goes 17 3/4 TTS  and 21 lb when she had that spleen out she had lost nearly 1/4 of body wt 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...