Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 21:23, green lurchers said:

V nice pups trev while we on a pup roll this lad gotta be one of the best looking pups I seen for many a year ?

36E94632-93D6-4424-BB2F-34A0B5C35C5B.jpeg

Whilst it is not possible to judge a dog's quality from a single 2 dimensional image I will contradict myself and say that that pup oozes class. Good bone and conformation as far as can be seen in the picture and even a dense coat. Has a certain presence to it and he (?) seems glowing with health. Very nice. I'm biased as this pup reminds me so much of a Whippet that I used to own . Had the attitude of a turbo charged terrier. Hard as nails, fast as f##k and could charm the birds out of the trees when required, butter wouldn't melt. A real wolf in sheep's clothing he was.

• Like 6

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Whilst it is not possible to judge a dog's quality from a single 2 dimensional image I will contradict myself and say that that pup oozes class. Good bone and conformation as far as can be seen in the picture and even a dense coat. Has a certain presence to it and he (?) seems glowing with health. Very nice. I'm biased as this pup reminds me so much of a Whippet that I used to own . Had the attitude of a turbo charged terrier. Hard as nails, fast as f##k and could charm the birds out of the trees when required, butter wouldn't melt. A real wolf in sheep's clothing he was.

Very good discription mate, the whippet is a breed that I will go back to in the future, sometimes you wish you had a bigger dog on the end of the lead  but you can't help but love there attitude to work if you get the right one

• Like 7
On 17/07/2018 at 21:23, green lurchers said:

V nice pups trev while we on a pup roll this lad gotta be one of the best looking pups I seen for many a year ?

36E94632-93D6-4424-BB2F-34A0B5C35C5B.jpeg

If he came from the dam’s side with some luck there could be another one in three weeks mate ?

64AC2C25-A1F6-49E0-8FAC-4DDD56B47BF6.jpeg

• Like 3

We lost our old whippet a couple of months back and i still miss her. Perhaps i got unlucky with my choice because she had a very thin coat and skin like a peach, and we always seemed to leave more of her in the fields than what we brought back but her enthusiasm and heart was never in doubt. I said i would never have another but she is missed in my little team and perhaps if the right pup came along at the right time i might be tempted again.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, talt said:

We lost our old whippet a couple of months back and i still miss her. Perhaps i got unlucky with my choice because she had a very thin coat and skin like a peach, and we always seemed to leave more of her in the fields than what we brought back but her enthusiasm and heart was never in doubt. I said i would never have another but she is missed in my little team and perhaps if the right pup came along at the right time i might be tempted again.

Was she a ped whippet mate, I could of been lucky but I've never had a problem with skin and I work them in all weathers up north, atb.

• Like 3

Hi Trev, i don't know much about her, i got her off a chap who was going to shoot her because his lad wasn't looking after her and she was in poor condition when we got her. Don't know if that made any difference to her skin and coat but it was very thin and tore easily. Couldn't fault her speed  and tenacity and never suffered with her feet. Once while chasing a rabbit she went flat out into a tree and i feared the worst but she came back a bit groggy and within ten minutes she wanted to go again.

• Like 2