Lets See Them Whippets, Coarsing, Racing, Working

I think it would be interesting to see pics of whippets bred along specific lines for one of the tasks above . Not a topic for "my line is better than yours" or what lines or breeders you dont like. I just think it could be a good topic if done right to get some sort of visual comparison ( height, bone, feet )of dogs of the same breed but bred down different lines for their specific tasks.

• Like 6

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Il start.. 2 year old. Bred from worker to worker, mostly ferreting, lamping mooching dogs, 21" pics have been put up before.

My whippets. Dam and son                  

Hopefully these few old pictures and some of recollections from my early teens (the late 1950’s and early 1960’s) may be of some interest. They’re all old style “rag whippets” and pre date the require

Posted Images

This is my mates bitch, I've seen her have a good go at a few different quarry, and what a pleasure she is to be out with, got loads of drive and a very quick recovery rate

She's Mike brown bred from Sooty sam stuff about 20 inch tts with tight cat feet

084_zpsssh4c1jo.jpg

Airport018_zps9a1b66dd.jpg

Airport017_zps4e4e7fda.jpg

Shes a very smart lookin bitch, very typical looking of that line from the ones ive seen. My own dog is from same lines, good wind, feet ,nose , drive and very trainable
  • Like 3

This is my mates bitch, I've seen her have a good go at a few different quarry, and what a pleasure she is to be out with, got loads of drive and a very quick recovery rate

She's Mike brown bred from Sooty sam stuff about 20 inch tts with tight cat feet

084_zpsssh4c1jo.jpg

Airport018_zps9a1b66dd.jpg

Airport017_zps4e4e7fda.jpg

Shes a very smart lookin bitch, very typical looking of that line from the ones ive seen. My own dog is from same lines, good wind, feet ,nose , drive and very trainable

A friend of mines dog. Over 21" not sure of exact size. Coarsing lines. Good dog to mark, very high prey drive, but bit more indipendent minded. Longer and stronger in the body than some whippets . Has feet like a collie, cant ever imagine this dog springing a toe. Very good coat for a whippet and seems to have a thicker hide.

post-50423-0-91638200-1428532982_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

he is 14mnths and 21tts, has had a few rabbits but he has good racing lines so I have just started him racing and so far so good!

has he good feet on him, i hear people say some of the racing lines have bad or injury prone feet, but for all i know its just hear say. Kind of the reason i started this topic. I really want to see what these different types are like and hear from their owners about their good and bad pionts instead of a guy that knows a guy with racing whippets and cant wait to knock them. A.t.b bren..
  • Like 2