Can A Terrier Be Any Good If Its Not Line Family Or Inter Bred

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is unfortunate we can't discuss the full working abilities of individual Terriers and what they have done, prior to being considered worthy of breeding from. Even taking the Ancestry into the equat

Gus and Sid, Gus is the smaller cobby one. He's by Sid and out of Treacle, Treacle is Floyd x Reeces Roxy, all original blood.

Nope, sorry FD she was totally unrelated and breeding unknown ! :-) When you come across an animal that impresses you so much you've got to try and bring it in. The pups from that litter are still

Posted Images

I don't know about other lines I don't keep them, Nicks yard was like this one, full of terriers all day. I wouldn't go out and leave them alone, I don't pay attention to them all day but I'm not stupid either.

The terriers I used to have would fight for the sake of it but they were the older part of his blood. Everything here is where Nick was when I last saw him or as close as humanly possible. I'd sooner have the older stuff to work but lifes a lot easier with this lot.

Why I'd sooner have the older stuff ? It's a personal thing, I get results with these the same as the old dogs but these have more brains and a steadier temperament.

i get what you mean, i had dog's with some of the same blood and the got as good results as the old dogs from a few decades back and these new ones don't fight with dogs. I haveoone lad and he is a loon but he never fight with any dog's, he be daft with them, the working style of him is Good,
  • Like 1

Imo.... I guess having worked tirelessly for 30 odd seasons , working and improving on ones original stock... Breeding with one goal... only worker to worker!! That gets my respect any day... And deserves, to be able to called their own...

• Like 1

Imo.... I guess having worked tirelessly for 30 odd seasons , working and improving on ones original stock... Breeding with one goal... only worker to worker!! That gets my respect any day... And deserves, to be able to called their own...

yes that's how it should be I think

Where does one go nowadays that isnt in the know to get a well bred closely bred line bred whatever you want to put to them. With all what can say ? Underground rather than like the old breedees whre most people could buy a pup. Colour stamp name aint bothered as long as I can get a pup with the right ingredients and do my best with it

• Like 2

I don't know about other lines I don't keep them, Nicks yard was like this one, full of terriers all day. I wouldn't go out and leave them alone, I don't pay attention to them all day but I'm not stupid either.

The terriers I used to have would fight for the sake of it but they were the older part of his blood. Everything here is where Nick was when I last saw him or as close as humanly possible. I'd sooner have the older stuff to work but lifes a lot easier with this lot.

Why I'd sooner have the older stuff ? It's a personal thing, I get results with these the same as the old dogs but these have more brains and a steadier temperament.

If you could take a dog from nicks yard from the past and introduce it again in to your own, what would it be mate?

Good question and in all honesty I wouldn't have a clue. If I could go back at all I'd use my Toby, the dog that set the bar impossibly high, a dog that could produce and a dog that was massively under used on bitches.

Toby was by Choker and out of Mo, full brother and sister. I haven't hardy got any pictures of the dog and the ones I've got you can hardly see his features, cameras were shite back in the day.

Nick didn't breed him but he was responsible for the parentage, what I'd give for a semen sample off him now.

• Like 3

Good question and in all honesty I wouldn't have a clue. If I could go back at all I'd use my Toby, the dog that set the bar impossibly high, a dog that could produce and a dog that was massively under used on bitches.

Toby was by Choker and out of Mo, full brother and sister. I haven't hardy got any pictures of the dog and the ones I've got you can hardly see his features, cameras were shite back in the day.

Nick didn't breed him but he was responsible for the parentage, what I'd give for a semen sample off him now.

. Thanks for your reply mate. Going off your earlier replys floyd sounds like he has left his mark to.

Fork blood lines worker to worker good enough . If it's in him it up to you bring it out in him . Not every one is a good one and no body sells good ones. . When picking a pup I always start by selecting one out of which ever comes over and is eager enough to greet you not the one that's jumping on all the rest for your attentio .(to hard to train imo). Then sex them then examine the ones that catch the eye . Pick your pup pay the man . That's provided you get look at full litter first which may not be . But best luck

• Like 1

One off wonders fair enough... DD..... I'd back your family of dogs to increase your chances off consistently throwing workers....

Dd.. When are you gonna call them " your line" lol....

I won't be doing it much longer unless a lot of things fall into place, so the answer is NEVER.

good read and pics really like the stamp and quality of these dogs even better in the flesh . wish i still had me bitch and i will always regret the day i had to hand spook back . he was the best put together dog ive ever had perfect for the earths ground etc up my way and free of charge ha. ive got some pics of him some where ill dig them out. wasnt he jim x mullet.

• Like 1