Can A Terrier Be Any Good If Its Not Line Family Or Inter Bred

Heres spook dd 8 month old if i can remember right.

my type of dog here good coat too, even better if they make the grade. Good thread this

Heres spook dd 8 month old if i can remember right.

my type of dog here good coat too, even better if they make the grade. Good thread this

There's people watching this thread that I know that have as good if not better and do more than me.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is unfortunate we can't discuss the full working abilities of individual Terriers and what they have done, prior to being considered worthy of breeding from. Even taking the Ancestry into the equat

Gus and Sid, Gus is the smaller cobby one. He's by Sid and out of Treacle, Treacle is Floyd x Reeces Roxy, all original blood.

Nope, sorry FD she was totally unrelated and breeding unknown ! :-) When you come across an animal that impresses you so much you've got to try and bring it in. The pups from that litter are still

Posted Images

Not sure not very good with tech . i took them of spook off me phone on computer screen let me put them straight on . when there too big think you have to resize them through photo bucket pain in the arse .

I am looking to get another terrier but its only worker to worker ive only had too really good terriers one was line bred the other just a worker to worker

Unless it is closely bred to Smithy or the Reverend John

Russell's Trump a terrier will not go to ground.

• Like 1

I am looking to get another terrier but its only worker to worker ive only had too really good terriers one was line bred the other just a worker to worker

Unless it is closely bred to Smithy or the Reverend John

Russell's Trump a terrier will not go to ground.

Feckin brilliant creasing myself here.

• Like 1

Gus out of Treacle by Sid,20150219_123022-1_zpskoniwvr0.jpg

20141005_144249_zpssg4x8rwl.jpg

20141005_181038-1_zpsyrcnbk0h.jpg

Gus and Trouble both out of Treacle

20150405_133622_zpspswkaibs.jpg

Gus and his litter sister, the bitch is closest in the picture20140823_131231-1_zpsvwxxak87.jpg20150219_123022-1_zpskoniwvr0.jpg[/url]

Treacle at work, she's now enjoying retirement but still get the odd day out. She had a four hour plus dig this season at ten years old

dad2_zps9cy38xrp.jpg

A better picture of Jim

20121018_150113_zpsez6ifjz4.jpg

Edited by dillydog
  • Like 8

Good question and in all honesty I wouldn't have a clue. If I could go back at all I'd use my Toby, the dog that set the bar impossibly high, a dog that could produce and a dog that was massively under used on bitches.

Toby was by Choker and out of Mo, full brother and sister. I haven't hardy got any pictures of the dog and the ones I've got you can hardly see his features, cameras were shite back in the day.

Nick didn't breed him but he was responsible for the parentage, what I'd give for a semen sample off him now.

Dillydog

Thanks again for the great pics and info and making this a very interesting thread.

Was there a reason why Toby wasn't used over many bitches?

Just wondering was it that there were no suitable bitches available or did you think there were better dogs out there and used them instead?

Can you also become a slave to the line/too fixated with using a certain dog over a certain bitch and risk missing breeding off a dog of the calibre of Toby? Going with your head rather than going with you heart?

Thanks

• Like 1

Ruby, a class act all her working career, she's now on three legs and still does a bit, semi retirement. She's not my bitch but i've got her daughter, she's the bitch third from the right in the picture of four bitches. She's done more work than you could shake a stick at and probably more than everything in my yard put together.

0_1_zpscmc0acnq.jpg

Edited by dillydog
  • Like 6

Good question and in all honesty I wouldn't have a clue. If I could go back at all I'd use my Toby, the dog that set the bar impossibly high, a dog that could produce and a dog that was massively under used on bitches.

Toby was by Choker and out of Mo, full brother and sister. I haven't hardy got any pictures of the dog and the ones I've got you can hardly see his features, cameras were shite back in the day.

Nick didn't breed him but he was responsible for the parentage, what I'd give for a semen sample off him now.

Dillydog

Thanks again for the great pics and info and making this a very interesting thread.

Was there a reason why Toby wasn't used over many bitches?

Just wondering was it that there were no suitable bitches available or did you think there were better dogs out there and used them instead?

Can you also become a slave to the line/too fixated with using a certain dog over a certain bitch and risk missing breeding off a dog of the calibre of Toby? Going with your head rather than going with you heart?

Thanks

Toby wasn't used over many bitches because i was a snot nosed bit of a kid, plain and simple. That dog and his son gave me my name and there offspring did the same for a few others. i suppose it boils down to the politics thing again, would you use a twenty odd year old's dog when Johnny big bollocks is shouting louder down the road. One thing i can say with certanty is if you saw him work you'd use him.

I stopped following the family because i got caught up in head games and the last dog i had out of this line was run over which took the decision out of my hands. I'd give every dog out of my yard for one more year with Toby, then i could pack up happy.

• Like 1