Remington 700 22.250

For me .......

.22-250 zeroed at 200 yards (handloads), and .223 zeroed at 170 yards (handloads). I only use these distances because the projectile (specific to the load) is flat out to these distances, and a little further. If I plan to shoot longer range targets I use a ballistic calculator. This takes time though as we all know, by time you fanny around inputting the data. Bearing this in mind I can understand why some of the guys (e.g. Dan) uses the 'a' inches high at 'b' yards method though, because he might not always be in a position where time is a luxury. If a fox pops out at 250 yards then he knows exactly where to sit the crosshairs.

• Like 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At £2. a pop thats £56 for a box of 20 wtf are they, depleted uranium? time to start loading your own.

Absolutely CC. That's why I never push a shot past my comfort zone. If I went to the range and practiced I'd probably be able to push the rifle further in the field. But as it is I'm very confident ta

Sorry your right. I didn't add that I zero 1" high at 150 yards lol.   If you've never tried the ammo though I'd certainly give them a go. I had a slight accuracy gain but a lot flatter. Also extrem

As much as it's time it's more about cost. I'd love to spend a day at the range but at £2.80 a pop I simply can't afford to.

For me when hunting the simpler the better and to know I'm going to drop a fox providing I do my bit it's as easy as drop to bipod check distance and backstop then shoot. I find shooting rabbits with the .22 more of a challenge taking into account bullet drop distance wind etc. At least I know a fox within 300 yards is as good as dead without having to look at range cards etc

Edited by shropshire dan

Maybe to compliment THL fishing comp

We should give THL steel challenge a punt

No problem how far do you want to shoot out to?we can get back to 1600+ yds here lol actually could go a lot further but my range finder maxed at out at 1600 if it's limited to just a few lads and I don't have phessies to look after then it's possible

• Like 1

As much as it's time it's more about cost. I'd love to spend a day at the range but at £2.80 a pop I simply can't afford to.

For me when hunting the simpler the better and to know I'm going to drop a fox providing I do my bit it's as easy as drop to bipod check distance and backstop then shoot. I find shooting rabbits with the .22 more of a challenge taking into account bullet drop distance wind etc. At least I know a fox within 300 yards is as good as dead without having to look at range cards etc

Too right chum. :thumbs: . Your damage to the fox population speaks for itself. Why change something that isn't broken? Stick with it. ;)

Cheers mate. I'm out again tomorrow night, driving the fields in the trusty xc90 with the .22-250 out of the window. Went their yesterday rabbiting and shot 47 rabbits throughout the day with the .22lr. Spotted 3 foxes through the binos but didn't have the M70 with me so left them for tomorrow night lol

WOW! :icon_eek: I'm going to have to come along and see this paradise of yours!!

The bunnies round here are not that plentiful, the crows all have a set of binos each and the foxes ............ well I think that they prefer a night in by the TV rather than venture out! I'm sure that I saw a delivery man dropping a curry off in the woods the other night!! LOL LOL

Haha. Not trying to run anyone's nose in but that's the benifit of having 6-7000 acres. Some land I won't shoot all Year then wait till summer and it's crawling. Their is also a lot of game estates around nd that I shoot so plenty to keep the foxes entertainment lol.

• Like 1

At £2.80 a pop thats £56 for a box of 20 :icon_eek: wtf are they, depleted uranium? time to start loading your own.

• Like 6

At £2.80 a pop thats £56 for a box of 20 :icon_eek: wtf are they, depleted uranium? time to start loading your own.

I'd want exocet misslies for that.

1 shot and it's killed, disected and barbequed in 1 go. Now that's what I call shooting!

Now where's the beer!

Edited by Alsone