Working Dog Insurance?

Pet plan here. Not the cheapest but cheapest and best rarely go hand in hand. You get what you pay for.

Saintsbury's are rated very well.

Got mine down as a lurcher £19 a month get pretty much everything.

Its the best I could find but if anyone finds better let me know.

Edited by Fieldsporthunter

Was with tesco....fair bit cheaper than Petplan, but when dog had injury had to pay the vets bill then vet fills forms in and I get payment back from insurance.....didn't take long to get cash back.

One thing you have to keep an eye on is the amount they put it up each year,,,,, tesco shot the price of mine right up.....so i did another Internet search and got them for just over £6 each per month....would have to check as I can't remember the name....was off a price comparison site.

The site showed all levels of cover available and charged accordingly. Pick to suite.

Edited by wuyang

I've just changed mine to accident only, which is costing me £150.00 for both dogs rather than the thick end of £400.00. but obviously doesn't cover illness.

My thinking is they are both healthy mongrels so it's doubtful they will suffer from much until they are old, and I won't be able to afford the cost of insuring them fully at that age.

• Like 1

I've just changed mine to accident only, which is costing me £150.00 for both dogs rather than the thick end of £400.00. but obviously doesn't cover illness.

My thinking is they are both healthy mongrels so it's doubtful they will suffer from much until they are old, and I won't be able to afford the cost of insuring them fully at that age.

Fair point. My prices are "fixed for life" with pet plan. Again you pay a little more. But at least I know premiums won't be silly in years to come.

How much are you paying Gaz ? My oldest dog is 7 now and they wanted £250.00 for him alone, I reckon by the time he's 10 it would have been £400.00.

That's pretty expensive mate. Mine is £36 a month for 2 youngsters so £432 per year.