Just A Morning Stroll,

We were out for our morning stroll, down along the river bank, along the River Annan, A beautiful place, in some places the river was sparkling, the mallards, were feeding along side the river edge, Birds singing, and warm rays of sunshine, just a beautiful morning to be out and walking with an ole Jukel beside you, or should say Hunting about, The high light, of the morning was when my black bitch, Ran a Humble 3/4 /7/8ths grown rabbit, The rabbit got up about 40yards from the bitch, she ran it for about another 30odd yards, Picked it up with out breaking her stride, I was delighted it was Poetry in motion, Now I did not set out to get a rabbit, it just so Happened, thats when you have a Handy ole jukel for filling the pot those things will happen, the Rabbit will be made into a rabbit Pie added, with a bit of stewing steak, this afternoon, ((( that is what a lurcher was kept for, putting meat on the table, Not mass slaughter, only take what you can eat, one rabbit like that one you cannot buy, the style of the bitch, will stay in the ole memory box for some time, Happy Easter to all,

• Like 12

We were out for our morning stroll, down along the river bank, along the River Annan, A beautiful place, in some places the river was sparkling, the mallards, were feeding along side the river edge, Birds singing, and warm rays of sunshine, just a beautiful morning to be out and walking with an ole Jukel beside you, or should say Hunting about, The high light, of the morning was when my black bitch, Ran a Humble 3/4 /7/8ths grown rabbit, The rabbit got up about 40yards from the bitch, she ran it for about another 30odd yards, Picked it up with out breaking her stride, I was delighted it was Poetry in motion, Now I did not set out to get a rabbit, it just so Happened, thats when you have a Handy ole jukel for filling the pot those things will happen, the Rabbit will be made into a rabbit Pie added, with a bit of stewing steak, this afternoon, ((( that is what a lurcher was kept for, putting meat on the table, Not mass slaughter, only take what you can eat, one rabbit like that one you cannot buy, the style of the bitch, will stay in the ole memory box for some time, Happy Easter to all,

Nice wee write up an good on ya, love them strolls,crack of dawn, thanks for sharing....

• Like 1

I was born 1945, the year the world war finished, after the war, things were pretty tough, for most family's, all the food stuff, and most goods were on ration,

my family, my grannys family including myself was 13, I was the 13th, No television, no Telephones, an open fire, with two ovens one each side of the fire, an old radio, that used to crackle and fade, on most stations, an old wind -up masters voice, Radio-gram, with the volume, Horn coming out of the top, my grannie was up about an hour before any one else light the fire, and cook the breakfast, Porridge most days, bacon- eggs, peawheat, Lapwing eggs, mushrooms when in season,weekends only, home made bread, every thing was made at home, by my gran, no washing machine, no hoovers, but a very large oak table, what seated about 10 chairs around it, The Humble rabbit was our Savior, Hare for jug soup, boil and roast hare, pheasant, partridge,Cushy pie, ((Pigeon Pie,))

and all types of soup, Salmon, when and sea-trout, when ever they could get them out of the local rivers, and the solway,the gran used to barter with near-by neighbours, eggs for Honey, she kept a lot of hens and ducks in those days, my Uncles lurcher, was a collie x was never allowed in her house, but the dog provided, plenty meat for the table, my uncle had him trained for finding the pea-wheats, nest, to collect the eggs, he used to use him even on the Long net,

Ferreting the dog used to tell the Uncle were the rabbit and ferret were, (((( No ferret finders in those days, Yes a lot of lot of people were very happy to get a couple of rabbits from the old uncle what a nature man he was,His lurcher was bred of a coursing greyhound, mr, Hardie wright, won the waterloo cup twice,

his nephew who lived down in Lancashire won it 9 times yes 9 times, just a wee snipit of old days gone by, and may I add the love and harmony in my old grans house, was something very very special and a couple sides of home cured bacon hanging in the scullery, they looked green and blue moulde but tasted absolute fantastic, cheers lads for the comments,

• Like 7

I was born 1945, the year the world war finished, after the war, things were pretty tough, for most family's, all the food stuff, and most goods were on ration,

my family, my grannys family including myself was 13, I was the 13th, No television, no Telephones, an open fire, with two ovens one each side of the fire, an old radio, that used to crackle and fade, on most stations, an old wind -up masters voice, Radio-gram, with the volume, Horn coming out of the top, my grannie was up about an hour before any one else light the fire, and cook the breakfast, Porridge most days, bacon- eggs, peawheat, Lapwing eggs, mushrooms when in season,weekends only, home made bread, every thing was made at home, by my gran, no washing machine, no hoovers, but a very large oak table, what seated about 10 chairs around it, The Humble rabbit was our Savior, Hare for jug soup, boil and roast hare, pheasant, partridge,Cushy pie, ((Pigeon Pie,))

and all types of soup, Salmon, when and sea-trout, when ever they could get them out of the local rivers, and the solway,the gran used to barter with near-by neighbours, eggs for Honey, she kept a lot of hens and ducks in those days, my Uncles lurcher, was a collie x was never allowed in her house, but the dog provided, plenty meat for the table, my uncle had him trained for finding the pea-wheats, nest, to collect the eggs, he used to use him even on the Long net,

Ferreting the dog used to tell the Uncle were the rabbit and ferret were, (((( No ferret finders in those days, Yes a lot of lot of people were very happy to get a couple of rabbits from the old uncle what a nature man he was,His lurcher was bred of a coursing greyhound, mr, Hardie wright, won the waterloo cup twice,

his nephew who lived down in Lancashire won it 9 times yes 9 times, just a wee snipit of old days gone by, and may I add the love and harmony in my old grans house, was something very very special and a couple sides of home cured bacon hanging in the scullery, they looked green and blue moulde but tasted absolute fantastic, cheers lads for the comments,

What a read. Really enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed that BL thanks for sharing first class. :thumbs:

• Like 1