Right So I've now purchased my new 222 and waiting for it to be cut for mod but would like people's advice on a moderator any advice would be much appreciated :-)

Everyone has the best moderator for them, and they are all different.

Only you can decide on type/size/weight/price/etc.

There is very little between them all from a moderation point of view, but stick to one as calibre specific as possible.

:thumbs:

The P8 Compact works for me as a package!

post-10759-0-88946500-1428043918.jpg

Edited by Deker

ase are superb had a number of them over the years. but if i was buying again i would go for a lighter mod. the 222 hasnt really got that much bark compared to a 22/250 or 243.

richard pope of swift rifles makes some nice mods. there fairly light and have good sound reduction. there also cheaper then the ase.

this is where i would loook now.

Edited by jamie g

ase are superb had a number of them over the years. but if i was buying again i would go for a lighter mod. the 222 hasnt really got that much bark compared to a 22/250 or 243.

richard pope of swift rifles makes some nice mods. there fairly light and have good sound reduction. there also cheaper then the ase.

this is where i would loook now.

Can't help but agree, if you go for an ASE try before you buy (if you can).

I had an S5 many years back now, it was heavy, and whilst it was well made and pretty good at moderation it caused balance issues on the rifle!

Get one that strips down. I would avoid the Br Tuote T8, although a good mod, they can rot and perforate from the inside out (been there).I've also used and would recommend PES, DM80, P8 wildcat myself. There's loads on the market theses days to suit your wallet and application.

Edited by stillair1

PES/MAE t12 or the 8" small cf I have owned both still have the t12 awesome bits of kit, not cheap but last forever.

Like charlie, I've owned a few moderators. I use a T12 on my 6.5, granted the vast majority of my shooting is off a bipod, for this the T12 is an excellent choice for me, and strips down to 3 pieces for cleaning.

I have a P8 on my .222 but decided not to use it on my .243.

Went out yesterday and bought a Ace Jet-z and things look good so far,

It tames the flip well and is probably the quietest you can fit . Weight is 500gr compared to 840 for the P8

Zeroed at the pipe range and had a 3 shot group will all three touching on the bull at 100mtrs.

Got a call on the way home about a Roe inside a plantation fence, so it got christened last night as well :laugh:

As for the .222 , the P8 works well, but most would on the smaller center fires anyway . That Maxim seems to get good reports as well.