Trapping Alive Hare

I'm always suspicious of that question.

If hares are a problem then they'll ask "how do I remove hares" but when the question is "how do i get a live hare" IMO the intentions are those of a cowboy.

It's their breeding season so leave them be.

JMHO but there isn't an animal living in our countryside that deserves more respect than old Puss.

• Like 12

SO IF THE FARMER ASKED HIM TOO REMOVE THEM , YOU WOULD SOONER SHOOT THEM ,.....!!!!! THEY HAVE A SEASON BUT IN THE FARMERS EYES THERE IS NO SEASON AND IN THE RIGHT PLACES THERE ARE DROVES OF THEM ,......... YEAH BIG RESPECT FOR EVERYTHING THIS TIME OF YEAR , BUT PESONALLY I WOULD PREFER TOO RELOCATE THAN CULL , THE DIFFERENCE BEING MAJOR WORK RELOCATING, BUT POSSIBLE DESPITE THE LAW

If hares are a problem then they'll ask "how do I remove hares" but when the question is "how do i get a live hare" IMO the intentions are those of a cowboy.

JMHO but there isn't an animal living in our countryside that deserves more respect than old Puss.

no Iam not a cowboy you don't no me so don't try judge me I have some permission where it is infested with hares and I have been snaring them but wondered if they was away of getting them alive in a cage type trap as the a lot of birds of pray what damages a few of the hares what av been snared Edited by lampingmad1

In that case , you should try to get the job properly through the winter.

No point failing to control them during the season, than trying to hit them during the breeding season.

On the other hand, it`s really only Hares that I worry that much about. Some animals need controlled all year, but hares aren`t one of them in my book.

• Like 1

In that case , you should try to get the job properly through the winter.

No point failing to control them during the season, than trying to hit them during the breeding season.

On the other hand, it`s really only Hares that I worry that much about. Some animals need controlled all year, but hares aren`t one of them in my book.

now how you no I fail to control them during the season I've had more hares this season then whats on your head. And iam not reading your book i am looking to maintain my landowner

Aye whatever.

30 yrs at it and I`ve yet to meet anyone with a decent reason for trapping live hares during the breeding season.

Smells like bullshit to me, but you crack on bud,

You asked on a forum how to trap a hare, but yet you`re the big I am hare controller.

Or maybe yer 12 and on yer mums laptop. Whatever.

• Like 3

Snaring hares is toss ! If you haven't got a dog that's up to the job ,and you obviously haven't , then sounds like rabbits are more up your street . As for maintaining your permission your better off giving it to someone with a dog that's up to the job !

Snaring hares is toss ! If you haven't got a dog that's up to the job ,and you obviously haven't , then sounds like rabbits are more up your street . As for maintaining your permission your better off giving it to someone with a dog that's up to the job !

A dog that's up to the job?

In case you didn't already know it, it's now illegal to run hares with a dog.

Whilst I can appreciate the fact that some folks got lots of pleasure from running hares, you have to accept that like most wild animals they can cause significant damage, and like most wild animals they need management from time to time.

There's nothing wrong with shooting or snaring hares where their numbers are high.

To the OP, I'd echo what others have already said; this is a bad time of year to be killing hares, but if it has to be done, then gate nets can work well.