whats the laws in getting a road killed otter stuffed as i have just found one. Was on the way home from the shop and it was lying on the road, but it wasn't there when I went, this being in the space of around 5 minutes. The sad thing is it has milk in it. Thanks swandog

You can apply for a license to get one done in England, not sure about Scotland. Need to show them it's for educational purpose ie kids doing a project on it at school.

• Like 1

I'm sure you could get it mounted if cause of death is proven but a bitch in milk probably has a very bad pelt on her.

Some of the taxidermists on here could give a better answer.

Pity that as there's probably a litter of cubs out there starving. Did you open her up to see if they're still in her ?

I think you can get otters done, as long as they are RTA's. A friend of mine got one done two years ago and everythings above board.

I picked one up and was applying for the licence but the taxidermist had a long waiting list so I didn't bother with it. I spoke to the relevant bodies and was told they HAD to be licensed. To have an otter or any part of an otter was a big no no, even if rta'd.

I think you can get otters done, as long as they are RTA's. A friend of mine got one done two years ago and everythings above board.

I picked one up and was applying for the licence but the taxidermist had a long waiting list so I didn't bother with it. I spoke to the relevant bodies and was told they HAD to be licensed. To have an otter or any part of an otter was a big no no, even if rta'd.

Well, my mate took his otter i and it got done straight away. All legal and certified. Also people sell otter trophies all the time....even on ebay. But who know eh? It's confusing... :icon_eek:

Well, my mate took his otter i and it got done straight away. All legal and certified. Also people sell otter trophies all the time....even on ebay. But who know eh? It's confusing... :icon_eek:

Yes, quite ridiculous in my opinion. You need a licence for an otter but buggar all for a Dartford warbler......where is the common sense in that ?!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Is there a date before , I have an old head that I bought as part of a house clearance its not dated but its clearly old (just starting to look a bit moth eaten ), the old lady I bought it from said it was her dads , which at the time put it around the 50's ...I have had it about 15 years ..